best a/v receiver/int for klipsch speakers under 1000

manufanatic

If you don't mind buying a used receiver, you can get a Denon 5800 (about a year old) without going too much over your budget (The thing was originally $3800 and its replacement the 5803 is over $4000). Not a bad deal when you consider what you can get new in comparison.

Chris

I have seen HK receivers (New) on eBay for about $1100+ that are 7.1, but I think that you may need an external amo for the two extra speakers.

Hi,

I started out wanting to do exactly the same thing, find the best receiver I could upgrade to for under $1000. Then, lately H/K has introduced new models, and I found an H/K AVR-520 for about half that. (And other threads, folks have been saying they have found the newer AVR-525 heavily discounted too.)

These seem like a lot of sound and features for the money.

----------------

On 12/30/2002 11:23:51 PM manufanatic wrote:

Hello, Even though i have a quality yamaha amp Im considering upgrading the technology to DTS and 7.1. Please give me your thoughts on the best amp/receiver under a grand to match up with my RP-5s

Thanks
9.gif

----------------

NOZ,

I see that you do not have any heresys. I am wondering about the HK amp because my Denon 5800 sounds great with K-horns, but the heresys have little bass. I bought a Harman Kardon 630 twin power vintage unit on HDBR's reccomendation to use in a different room. I will first try it on the Heresys and see how good the bass is. If it is much better, I may sell my Denon for a HK surround unit (If the new units have a warmer sound than the Denon)

Are you selling your older unit and what features does it have. You can post direct to me if you like.

Chris

Chris,

I pre-sold it before I bought the new one. Specs can be found at Harman's website. harmankardon.com.

The 7000 is a great unit, the bass reponse is very good, tight and controlled. The only reason I am upgrading is because I got a great deal on the 8000 and have the 7000 sold.

Sean