Am I making a mistake?

Surtock

So I got a line on a pair of kp-201 for $950 which seems high from what I've read. 

The ad reads as follows..

Klipsch Heresy 2 in it's commercial form, the KP-201.

All the Heresy 2 components, just in a higher quality pro package. High build quality featuring 3/4" fully sealed ply construction (back is fixed), board mounted crossover (like the original Heresy), and perforated metal grills.

I have made a number of upgrades which elevate the performance of these little sleepers.

-Crites titanium tweeter diaphragms have been installed (originals are working and also included)
-Crossovers have been recapped using the same values in Claritycap, Audyn Q4, and vintage Russian PIO caps.
-Damped midrange horn using thick commercial wool felt
-Cabinet has been partially filled with dacron

The results are a smoother top, more natural and detailed mid, and clean extended bass. All of these upgrades are fully reversible if so desired.

Is this a good price? 

I'm currently running a pair of Tekton Lore off a Schitt Gungnir multibit and a Willsenton R8 and I'm not unhappy, but I'd like to get back some horns. 

This is my first visit to this forum so I hope this post is allowed. 

P.S. I'll be using these for music and some HT but 2 channel stereo is the most important to me. They will be supplemented with a SVS SB1000 

Thanks for reading. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surtock said:

So I got a line on a pair of kp-201 for $950 which seems high from what I've read. 

The ad reads as follows..

KP 201 speakers  are basically Heresy II speakers , the  ad states upgraded capacitors which may have cost quite a penny , I would offer 825$  Can  which is 650$ USD   , that's an excellent price for Heresy II speakers / KP-201

@Surtock, short answer, yes that price is high.

UNLESS, that is exactly what you were looking for.

Prices are high everywhere though, but your best bet is never CAM. Kijiji is your friend, but you have to be quick because all the re-sellers on CAM snap up the deals on Kijiji.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoff. said:

Prices are high everywhere though, but your best bet is never CAM. Kijiji is your friend, but you have to be quick because all the re-sellers on CAM snap up the deals on Kijiji.

I keep an eye on multiple used sites like kijiji but I'm from a smaller city so they're almost never listed near me. 

8 hours ago, geoff. said:

Back in 2007 and 2008 I bought two pairs of Heresy IIs that I found on CAM, and both were good deals from good people to deal with.  One guy needed the money to help pay for the La Scalas he had just bought.  I sold the mint pair to a fellow Forum member and Vancouver Islander last year, and I’m still using the second pair.

Of course, CAM is only one place to look.  Here we have Used Victoria, which carries local items, so keeping a sharp eye on that when you’re after something can pay off.