Klipsch la scala...first timer...

Johnsimpson

I just purchased a magnificent pair of la scalas...LS BL..that I found at a resale store...wow...how lucky was that...have questions about powering these...here is what I have available...Yamaha htr 6090..

Yamaha rx v663....pioneer elite sc05...

Fisher rs 270...no tube amps available...not sure what kind of power these can handle and I am in a small room...15x10...also would like to know if someone can help me out on the year model of these...serial #s are 185518...185519....any thoughts and help would be appreciated...I will add pics if I can figure it out...thanks 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Johnsimpson said:

I just purchased a magnificent pair of la scalas...LS BL..that I found at a resale store...wow...how lucky was that...have questions about powering these...here is what I have available...Yamaha htr 6090..

Yamaha rx v663....pioneer elite sc05...

all 3 amps are ok , but the Pioneer Elite SC05 would be your better amp in Stereo mode

Agreed that all three will work.

Remember the original La Scala's were designed around the need for 5 watt amp so a lot of watts is not needed.

Now that you have La Scala's your room is the next biggest issue. It takes time to find the right speaker positioning, they Do Not have to be equal, also you may want to try tilting your speakers so the tweeters can be aimed at your ears at your seating position.. Everything depends on your room size, your wife and your furniture. Take the time, find your favorite music, something you really like and use it for the speaker positioning.

Your looking for center stage and depth as you test.

Good Luck and most importantly enjoy the music