K77 measuring 10db hotter than CT-125. Is that right?

mboxler

I gotta be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what.

I'm testing some crossovers I just built for my Khorns.  They attach to ALK ES5800's for the squawker to tweeter cross, which has been a K55M and a CT-125.  The CT-125 didn't seem to measure well using REW, so I thought I'd see how the original K77 looked.  This is a direct swap, yet the K77 measures almost 10db higher than the CT-125.

Is there really a 10db difference between the two?  I was under the impression their sensitivities were pretty close.

Graph is with the squawker on the -6db tap and tweeter on the -0db tap.

Thanks, Mike

ES5800.jpg

4 hours ago, mboxler said:

I gotta be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what.

I'm testing some crossovers I just built for my Khorns.  They attach to ALK ES5800's for the squawker to tweeter cross, which has been a K55M and a CT-125.  The CT-125 didn't seem to measure well using REW, so I thought I'd see how the original K77 looked.  This is a direct swap, yet the K77 measures almost 10db higher than the CT-125.

Is there really a 10db difference between the two?  I was under the impression their sensitivities were pretty close.

Graph is with the squawker on the -6db tap and tweeter on the -0db tap.

Thanks, Mike

ES5800.jpg

Question  ....can you verify what is  the DCR  reading of that k-77 tweeter  ? I'm  just curious if it's over 6.2 Ohms 

the Apt-50 Sensitivity /1 W - 1 m @ 103 dB  ..... the EV T35A Sensitivity / 1 W - 1 m @ 104 dB  .