Found a used KSW-50 but it doesn't seem to work

Joeyjojos

I'd like to try and confirm that it's not me doing something wrong. I have an onkyo receiver with a single cable subwoofer connection. Nothing, I also tried connecting a line out directly into the subwoofer, nothing. i get a brief noise/hum when I turn it on initially. When I turn the volume knob some quiet static happens, otherwise nothing.

I tried looking inside and nothing seems obviously bad like a blown capacitor. But I'm far from an expert.

Any advice?

Edited by Joeyjojos

there is an option to have the internal amp repaired, check with member @ngen33r he was doing a repair service but not sure if hes taking new work.  there are usually some on ebay doing the service too.  for ~$100 you can have the amp repaired if that price is worth it for an older sub.  personally i would look for other brands, there are some decent deals on used subs that are far better than this or most klipsch subs. 

2 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

there is an option to have the internal amp repaired, check with member @ngen33r he was doing a repair service but not sure if hes taking new work.  there are usually some on ebay doing the service too.  for ~$100 you can have the amp repaired if that price is worth it for an older sub.  personally i would look for other brands, there are some decent deals on used subs that are far better than this or most klipsch subs. 

I found it at a thrift store for $10 so I figured it was worth a shot to try. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work. Was hoping I was just plugging something in wrong idk

1 minute ago, Joeyjojos said:

I found it at a thrift store for $10 so I figured it was worth a shot to try. It's a shame it doesn't seem to work. Was hoping I was just plugging something in wrong idk

Check fuse. Double-check connections. Make certain subwoofer is enabled in your menu. VOLUME UP on the sub.

Listen to bass heavy scenes or music. Touch sub speaker to feel vibrations. Usual stuff...

• Like 1