Does anyone else miss the lower-case "k"?

chuckears

Sometime between the Heritage-little-brother class (Forte, Chorus, Quartet) and the Legend series, the Klipsch labels went to upper-case "K"'s. There was something about that lower case that I really liked... an understatement, behind which lay an amazing beast of a speaker... a humility that belied the giant's strength.

Maybe it's just me...

----------------

On 1/1/2003 11:25:47 PM chuckears wrote:

Sometime between the Heritage-little-brother class (Forte, Chorus, Quartet) and the Legend series, the Klipsch labels went to upper-case "K"'s. There was something about that lower case that I really liked... an understatement, behind which lay an amazing beast of a speaker... a humility that belied the giant's strength.

Maybe it's just me...

----------------

I have to agree with chuckears on this one...and it's not just you.

I'm glad that the Heritage Series never upgraded their logo throughout the years. It's a long-standing classic design that is fitting for the Klipschorns, Belles, and others of that series. But I feel that all the Klipsch products should've retained the "k" and not have changed to the "K" or the "oval K" design they now use on all their latest loudspeakers. To me, the original "k" (is it?) shows to the audiophile world where Klipsch came from, it's roots, it's long history, and that every new product still remains true to its long, rich history.

I understand that times change, and with many new products come new logo designs as well...other manufacturers have done so: Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Sansui, Pioneer, Nakamichi, Radio Shack, Pepsie Cola, etc., but to me (just my humble opinion) it kind of "cheapens" the newer generation of products somewhat. Now for the companies that have always retained their original logos (to my knowledge): Rolex, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, Ford, General Electric, Coka-Cola, Hewlett Packard, Marantz, Carver, dbx, conrad-johnson, Bose, JBL, and my favorite, McIntosh! If Mac Labs ever dropped their classic "Old English" lettering for something more "Generation-X" like to attract younger buyers, imagine the horrific outcome...Mac stocks plummet to an all-time low, Clarion sells them to Kraco Corp., and all their latest components (no matter how great they are) lose their entire resale value! I think for some (me included), the one reason why we love/own McIntosh components is because of their ageless, classic styling...aside from various knob and button designs, and aluminum endcap shapes, a 1965 McIntosh MC2505 doesn't look much different from a 1995 MC7300! The most dominate of logos is chrome and attached to the front of my MC250 amp...God, I love it not only for its timeless (tube-like) appearance and high-end specifications, but for that beautiful chrome "McIntosh" nameplate! Actually, I don't know if it's even true, but I heard somewhere that when McIntosh used the "Mc" loudspeaker logo (which I personally never liked, but to my knowledge all Mac loudspeakers from day one to today used it) on their black coffee mugs years ago, mug buffs/collectors complained soundly that their official coffee mugs should have the classic "McIntosh" logo, which all new coffee mugs display in 18K gold! Some things should not be f@#%&d with...ever!

Just my humble opinion, of course...16.gif