MUSIC,klipsch rsw15 or 2 svs 2531pci's

Fish

Ok,first thanks to klipsch for great products,and the policy of letting people speek freely on this forum!This only proves klipsch is not insecure.I have the rf7 set up except for the sub,and a svs 2531 pci.I am thinking of another 2531,but the rsw 15 would seem a no brainer considering my rf7 rc7 rs7 set up.I can sell svs,purchase rsw15,or purchase another 2531.I will also say the 2531pci is a great sub,even if structural integrity was comprimised in cutting hole for amp,JUST KIDDING,ITS ROCK SOLID!and it CAN damage windows,floors,ceilings!I am a long time member,but usually just read post,keep in mind MUSIC is priority,and keep up the good work everyone!

I am going to tell you stuff from just what I read. It seems the RSW-15 is cleaner and more detailed but doesn't do under 25 hz well. Your SVS does the under 25 better but isn't as clean. But as you already know, its clean anyway. It seems the RSW is better for music while SVS is better for movies. The only RSW I have heard is the RSW-10 and I haven't heard an SVS yet. So I can't confirm this. Hope this helps some.

CD

Yes the RSW15 is a fast,clean and defined kind of sub.Punch to add even more to the RF7's.

In fact the RSW15 for music use can compete against any known sub well,in my tests it stops around 25Hz.Most music or HT however does not have much under 25Hz.

The SVS would be a top choice if you listen to pipe organs recordings,the SVS is king of deep.

Compared to the HGS18 and B15 the RSW15 holds its own on music,on HT the B15 takes the win,even against the HGS18.This is a comparo against more expensive subs,as the Velo HGS18 goes for 3K the Revel B15 3K.The RSW15 can be found for under 1.4K easy.In this comparing two RSW15's would make more sense.

You know what get another SVS and the RSW15.

2.gif

best of both worlds,do like me.When I cannot decide I buy a dozen. LOL

Thanks to all for the input,I'm leaning more to the rsw 15 every minute,and it would compliment my existing R series.I have mostly been put off by the high price,but at something less than retail,I will probably just bite the bullet and go for it.What is a great price?

lets say I purchased my RSW15 for $2400 Canadian this translates in 1500USD.If you live in the USA then you should have no trouble finding the sub around 1300-1400.In Canada Klipsch(and all American)products are always inflated over even when you factor the exchange rate.

Well at $2400 I cannot complain. 1.gif Its still a "value" priced sub.

I wish Klipsch made a RSW18,with a true 1Kw RMS amp.This time with a 50% greter linear travel on the woofer and PR.And price it at say 2500-3000USD.I would be a buyer

I haved been shopping for months! The obvious traps when you buy online is warranty and product origin (My gut tells me items sold originated from a dealer directly or it is a smaller dealer just with another name/location trying to make quota). Either way WATCH OUT FOR SHIPPING CHARGES

Geeeez... i got a great price from Crazy Eddies but frieght knocked my socks off. In a nutshell it translates to a 25-28% savings off msrp once you include shipping cost based on the math I did. Have not bought yet will whittle the local guy down to 25%... I hope.

Instead of another 25-31Pci or RSW-15, have you considered going with the SVS CS Ultra? It has quite a different sonic signature than the original CS and Plus series SVS'I've heard. I prefer the sound of my Ultra over many other mega buck subs for music.

Another thing to consider for any sub you get is the BFD. I think the second best thing I've done for my system(adding the SVS is 1st) is to eq my sub using a BFD. I can't say enough about how much this inexpensive piece of equipment($130) helped my system for music and HT. I'll never have another sub in my system w/out an eq.