FOR SALE: Klipsch Heresy Slant Monitors near Nashville

Dannyelectro

The reason I asked is that I had EV S12-2 cabs with ST350A tweeters that had a reputation for blowing even though they too had a pair of higher powered zeners (50W v 10W for the newer Klipsch) that were supposed to protect the tweeter.

I went back and looked at the specs and EV was running the tweeter crossover at 3Khz whereas the Klipsch K-77 is at 6Khz.

The EV ST350A couldn't handle the lower crossover point. It was only a two way speaker but the K-77 and ST350A shared the same diaphragm.

Interesting....

3 hours ago, Gorquin said:

The reason I asked is that I had EV S12-2 cabs with ST350A tweeters that had a reputation for blowing even though they too had a pair of higher powered zeners (50W v 10W for the newer Klipsch) that were supposed to protect the tweeter.

I went back and looked at the specs and EV was running the tweeter crossover at 3Khz whereas the Klipsch K-77 is at 6Khz.

The EV ST350A couldn't handle the lower crossover point. It was only a two way speaker but the K-77 and ST350A shared the same diaphragm.

Interesting....

You go lower then the recommended crossover point with drivers you cant feed them full power any more.

15 hours ago, MookieStl said:

that makes more sense.

Getting into these today and next to the AA is stamped H I which was not clear in the picture. I figure they had AA labels and just did the save money thing and used those AA labels for more than one speaker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1