Re.:Klipsch KB 1.1 instead of KSB 1.1

MrWolf

Just received what was supposed to be KSB 1.1's from Ubid, but upon inspection of the boxes they are KB1.1's! Do I send them back? And are they inferior to the KSB 1.1's? Are they sonically identical or is there a trade off because of the different tweeter drivers and crossover network?

There are no product specifications or info posted on Klipsch's website, can somebody please provide some info on the matter as I only have a small window of time to return them.

Thanks,

MrWolf

144_medium.jpg144_title.jpg

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 65Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 92dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 75 watts maximum continuous (300 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via front-mounted port

DRIVE COMPONENTS: Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) neodymium magnet, silk dome compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn and one 5.25" (13.34cm) magnetically shielded, poly cone woofer

TWEETER: K-94-S 1" (2.54cm) Silk dome compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90°x40° Tractrix® Horn

HIGH FREQUENCY CROSSOVER: 2800Hz

WOOFER: K-1027-SV 5.25" (13.34cm) Poly cone

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 11.125" (28.3cm) x 6.875" (17.5cm) x 6.375" (16.2cm)

WEIGHT: 6 lbs. (2.7kg)

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: ABS

FINISHES: Black, White

MOUNTING: Double keyhole and threaded insert mounting, Vogel® SAT-5 mounting bracket provision

YEARS BUILT: 1997 - 1999

I don't recall there being a KB 1.1, I think they just forgot the "s"?

The box is clearly marked KB1.1 from Klipsh, it looks identical to the KSB1.1 and even included the KSB1.1 manuals and 5 yr. warranty card. I wonder what gives? Hopefully the moderator of this forum or someone from Klipsch can answer this dilemna.

Thanks for replying,

MrWolf

Ah! Good ole' Ubid strikes again! I purchased, or won the auction on what was supposed to be a new Klipsch KSC-C1 Center Channel with the newer tractix horn and updated grill, what I got was the 1999 version of the KSC-C1 I like it none the less but feel that I was defrauded since I did not actucally receive what I won the auction for. I have complained, but I am sure it will fall on dead ears and stall tactics. The price was good and certainly better than I could have done locally but the bottom line is I was sent something different than what I thought I was bidding on and that makes me angry. Perhaps Klipsch should rethink their relationship with them since they are lying to customers. I want the version of Klipsch KSC-C1 Center Channel that I paid for! I won't purchase anything else from them until they make it right. 7.gif

Unfortunately Trey, they were displaying the photo and specifications detail of the newer unit. If this is not what they are selling, then the item description provided should match what they are indeed selling so that potential buyers don't expect something else.

• 10 months later...

I spoke with a Klipsch customer support representative and they said that there was a special run of KSB-1.1's for uBid labeled KB-1.1 and they are identical in fit, finish and function. Just put a different # on them for uBid. I asked because I also have a pair of KB's.

I once won a pair of KLF-30's for $790 shipped from ubid.com...I was so excited because I basically stole them. When they arrived they were so beaten up the cabinets were cracked and motor assembly's were rolling around inside the cabinet8.gif. I contacted them about it and they said they could only issue me a refund but not exchange them because they're in auction site and they don't keep regular stock(even though they had new auctions for KLF30's daily). After my begging and pleading to just exchange them I had no luck and I had took my refund but I never saw them anywhere close to that price again, I was soooo pissed11.gif.