Rotel 1095 with Klipsch...

chuckears

I am going to take the plunge into separates: does anyone have experience with the monstrous Rotel 1095 5-channel amp with Klipsch? I have read comments that this unit is somewhat bright, and could possibly be fatiguing with horns...

Another choice on my short list is the Parasound 2025... I have read that it sounds warmer than the Rotel unit, but I do not have a local dealer, and I am concerned about fitting my Kimber Cables with Postmaster spades in the tight space where the speaker terminals are located on this unit.

In neither case am I able to audition these amps with anything resembling my system; for the Parasound, it is going to be without hearing the unit at all (or make a 4-hour drive; not very feasible with my schedule).

(Will have to change the sig. very soon),

I've had my 1095 since early summer and absolutely love it!! It is a great match with all my speakers.

As for sounding bright,maybe on some material. Fatigue-if cranked up(ear bleed level)for a long peroid of time-yes. At reasonable levels,no. Provides great warm sound.

It took quite a few movies to get it broken in though. At first I was turning it up and a couple of channels would clip off. But now it doesn't anymore. The only thing I have to worry about is my circuit breaker!1.gif

I am using a RB-985 to drive Forte IIs and have been very happy... I can only assume the 1095 is more of a good thing. The Parasound HCA-2205 is also a fine choice to drive Fortes. I had the chance to bring home the Parasound to 'evaluate' for a week (in hopes of a sale). I decided to stay with my RB-985. Don't get me wrong the Parasound was very good, just not that much BETTER, that it would entice me to trade up. The whole warm thing needs to be addressed by someone other than myself, because to be honest, it wasn't obvious to me... On the other hand, if I started with the Parasound, I doubt if I would be in any hurry to upgrade either.

here we go again ROTEL VS. PARASOUND he he he, as you can see by my sig. i am an confirmed roteler, i think they match so well with klipsch, BRIGHT? pshaw! it is a personal choice, i think parasound is a tad boomy, but there are those who feel differently, but my corns make everything sound good, and after all, dont we build our systems around our speakers?12.gif

Having had the Parasound for over a year I can say that finally my ears are satisfied. I had been running it with a Yamaha 2095 receiver as a pre until just a few months ago when I purchased a B&K Ref30. The difference was amazing. I thought the Yamaha sounded great, but the B&K is far superior to the Yami. I guess my point is, it isn't only the amp that you need to look at, it's the amp/pre-amp relationship you also need to consider. The B&K sounds great throughout the soundfield. Highs are crisp, mids define the term presence, and bass is tight and controlled. I have never experienced fatigue while listening to this system. One thing about the Parasound that I have noticed is that it never gets very hot. I have a friend with a B&K 7250 and that thing can heat up his apt. When asking the sales guy about it he said that was the nature of B&K. He is considering getting the Parasound now, although the Outlaw also made the short list. Good luck in your search for audio Nirvana and I'll see you when you get here!

The Rotel has been on my shelf for 4 days now; I do not find it the least bit "bright"... if anything, it was slightly warm (I prefer to "dark") sounding. My only complaints thus far:

1. I have a bit of a hum through all five speakers... even without anything else hooked to them. I wonder if it's just the nature of this unit with sensitive speakers, or (I suspect) the wiring in my house. My McCormack produced a little bit of a hum, but it was only powering the mains - now I have "surround" hum,

2. Not enough hours in the day to properly evaluate the unit before my one week is up, and

3. I cannot yet (if ever) afford the wonderful Anthem AVM-20 to feed the monster.

So far, I would say the Rotel was a keeper; now I'm gettting the bug to replace my DVD player, which (it recently came to my attention) sports the "chroma" bug... the only time it reeeally bothers me is when I'm watching my Simpson's DVD's.

hey chuck, i have the 1075, and have had others comment on a hum? i have silence coming from mine, i guess i am lucky, my guess being an electrician is that you need to address the grounding in your abode, plus try to find out just how many other things are also on that circut, plus my dealor advised me to plug directly into the socket, not through my surge protectors12.gif