Look what I ordered today!!! (off-topic)

Allan Songer

BMW 1600 model plate, rear end, just inside RH circular tailight, circa 1966? Just a wild guess from my memory of the 2002tii.

More detail needed? Hmmm ...

How about ... it meant a whole lot to you because even though you no longer have the car, you kept its model plate ... You are quite the sentimental man, despite that cool exterior :)

I bet you gave it a nice German name, like "Katarina" or "Gretchen".

Of course, it could be Rosebud Model 1600 hyper-drive sled from "Citizen Kane" ... Yeah, THAT'S IT!

Chris,

Your dad's "ALFA" was before the street cars were fitted with "sodium filled" exhaust valves. After mid 70's smog rules kicked in there was another 2 yr. period of hot gasses cooking exhaust valves. The '71-'74 period was on of the best.

Leo,

Yikes on that -30 temp. Considering the Alfa's all aluminum alloy engine block, head, tranny case, that temp is not condusive to that type of metal. A heating blanket over the hood in an enclosed garage would have prevented that problem. It's a solution friends living in Alaska use for "any" vehicle. Living in the moderate weather of CA provides options in sporting cars that might not fair well elsewhere in the world. Still, there's nothing like the feel of driving an Alfa Romeo, and don't forget, Alfa Romeo has to be thanked everytime to you see a Ferrari driving down the road. Why, for those who don't know, that's where Enzo Ferrari got his start in running a racing team and his cars.

Klipsch out.

PS. Kelly let me know if you need parts for that old Bimmer you can't find easily.

A real great looker. Allan is this to be a daily driver or the weekend car?

Is this a mid life kind of treat!!!:) Get yourself the matchbox model for now and make the engine sounds. That's probably what I'd do:)

I pass by the local Hummer dealership on the way to work and see the bright yellow one on the stand and wonder...what if? Na.

Craig you out there....need some input on where you get the good old carbon resistors in an assortment in diff wattages.

Alright on the colab of you and Kelly. Thumbs up with smile.

Bjanos

Jazman came the closest. I dont even know WHAT Lynnm was doing ...heh.

That is from a 1972 Fiat 124 Spider 1600 sport

One of the many FIAT's I had before I gave up on the coast and went German. I would tell some amusing stories about it but I am tired as a bastard. Someday, remind me to tell the story about the rods letting go on the rear axle...

kh