Question...n00b question at that

Juba310

Hey, I was just wondering...why does everyone here seem to hate BOSE so much? I haven't much experience with their products but I was at bestbuy today and i thought they sounded allright. So there probably is an legit reason why everyone here seems to hate them...I'd just like to know why 9.gif oh and please none of that "THEY JUST SUCK...or THEIR PIECES OF SH!T!" i want a real reason.

The reason why I hate Bose is that for the same money and a little shopping around, you can get a far superior setup in both sound and quality. Bose is way overhyped to the point that people ****** up that junk without even considering shopping around for often cheaper and better alternatives. If you are going to spend say $1500 plus for something, do you think you ought to shop around and consider all the choices? Unfortunatly, there are many folks that don't and think since it is Bose so it has to be the best. The thing is that Bose is not the best, far from it! With Bose, you are paying premium price for what is essentialy cheap, department store speakers. Even if the small size was important, there are plenty of other well made sub/sat type systems that sound far better for less money. I'll admit that the Bose setups do look sleek and can make for some very neat and clean installations, but over all, I'd rather spend the money and get far better sound quality. This article is just about as thorough as an explanation as to why Bose sucks. Also the Bose FAQ is an interesting read to get an idea why so many people cannot stand Bose.

Compare a $700 B0$e AcousticMe$$ speaker set to the $700 Dynaudio Audience 42 or Klipsch RB5.If you dont hear and see the B0$e hype then I cant help you.Take the least expensive Spendor minimonitors priced at $700 and compare to B0$e,any B0$e! LOL

B0$e uses inferior quality drivers,inferior quality and resonating plastic cabinets(the cube sats),band pass bass modules(bass is not defined and irritating).

I could go on and on why B0$e is a brand to avoid at all costs,I'll leave some for the fellow Klipschers 2.gif

The drivers they use in those 'cute little cubes' are about teh same size as that which is in your telephone. And you think they will sound good? They sell those Acousticrap things for $1000. FAR too overpriced. Heck, their subs are dual 5.25" drivers. I find my PM5.1 sub with dual 8" lacking in movies. Some of the other Bose products, like the towers aren't too bad... but I would never own them. If their towers were priced >$100 they might be worth it. But none of this $500 and beyond.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I do know they aren't worth the money, though. Like Ear said, why buy them if you can have some RB-5II or better for the same price? Not logicial.