Cables...

Deang

The 14 gauge AP is the same gauge I used restoring the DQ's. I really didn't find stranded of this size hard to work with.

I will say that whatever brand/type/style you choose for the oustide, should be run through the inside as well.

Doesn't it seem somewhat ludicrous to run something like braided silver to the binding posts, and then have solid core copper running off the back of the posts to the x-over and drivers? How about running something like Audioquest (solid core) to the binding posts, with Monster stranded on the other side? I say pick your poison and finish the extra 3 feet.

My gosh, I'm turning into a cable junkie.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am behind on everything I am doing. So here I am. Heh... Mopar, I would personally avoid Monster Cable. I dont think it would make the best solution to the tweeter or mid drivers, not to mention the woofer. I will pass the currrent, yes. But I have found Monster to not be particularly transparent and a bit grainy not to mention somewhat harsh in the treble (and thick sounding). I have never wired my speakers with it but this is going from the use in the old days as speaker cable.

Dean, there is some merit to the inside and out approach. But you can also opt for a simpler version of the actual conductor. That being said, most dont have the same wire inside as out. Also, remember your system might change as well with shifting of the cable perspective. IF I wired my speakers four years ago with the wire I was using, it would have been Tranparent Cable.... I would have wanted to put myself to sleep after that one.

kh

Dave,

My 440 isn't a Mopar it stands for .060 overbored 427 BB chevy. I used to be fairly well known in Flint and Detroit as a Street Racer with a 67 Camaro Red with a Black Vinyl top. I still have the car just got tired of the quest for speed and late night racing on I-475. Although a friend took it upon himself toi build the Ultimate 10" tire 4 linked Mustang for us to put my Motor and other goodies into and we had it out briefly before winter hit and it will be back out in the spring. This one will have more track time then street I think.

Craig

no i dont know monza jonh. the only other monza around with a v8 was a black guy named phil. he had a blue monza with a whale tail. i knew of bruce but, not personaly. when he owned that game room on pasadena i used to hang out there alot. he was killed in the same place where i did all my street racing. i dont street race to much anymore but, i'll race anyone from any stop light. i dont get into betting money, i just like the fun of racing. infact, thats why i have'nt raced on 475, that race spot is only 1/4 mile from my home. i here every car that runs down there, some of those motors sound wicked. they must be running 9 or 10's. currently i have a tired 340 that still runs ok <12.60's>but i am building a stroker 360-4" stroke=408. when finished exspected output will be around 500hp-500fpt. it wont be ready this summer but next. if you see my car this summer, it will have a tunnel ram with two 450's. later dave1.gif

yes, that was a terrible thing. i was'nt there but, i heard about it. whats the real story? i heard he had a turbo installed on that big bloch t-bucket and it had to much power to handle it. was he running against a bike at the time? i see you have a ksw15. does it work well with those scalas? i just build a pair of cornwalls but, i have'nt brought them home yet, i'm doing some remodeling in my liveing room. i also have a ksw15 and wonder if i will have to look for another sub to keep up with the CW's. dave1.gif

Once dialed in the KSW-15 Sub will do a descent job with your Cornwalls. Its not the End all of Subs but still it is respectable.

What basically happened with Bruce was his number was up ! He had pushed the envelop his entire life it was going to happen sooner or later. He was racing a Bike and he did not have a Turbo just his normal Nitrous setup. The Car got loose and he went up on the median which caused one of his slicks to blow out as long as he had the bad tire on the median he was okay. He just refused to lift out of it as always. When he came off the median with only one good tire and a posi rear end well you can figure what happened at 100+ MPH.

Carig

I keep my crossover set about 10 above what my speakers are rated to go too. I turn the sub level up to where it is noticable and then back down just to where it fades away or blends to where you can't descern its there. Its best to have someone else do this while your at your sweat spot.

----------------

On 1/15/2003 7:53:01 AM NOS440 wrote:

Its best to have someone else do this while your at your sweat spot.
----------------

Craig,

Where exactly is this sweat spot?

Because it doesn't sound like a place I'd like to be.

Now the sweet spot is whole another matter.

2.gif

Jeff

hi craig, i would like to get your opinion on tube amps. i was thinking that when i'm though with remodeling my living room and get my cornwalls home and set up, that i would like to purchase a tube amp. i will shop ebay with a budget of $500-$750. i want something that compliments the klipsch's sound as well as room decor. i would like to set a tube amp on top of one of the cornwalls. i like the jolida's with the gold trim. do you know how they sound with klisch? do you know of any other brands that look cool as well as sound nice? i welcome all opinions. dave1.gif

Actually Vintage will sound better !! You should just stop by heck we live in the same area and give my Lascalas a listen with my Scott 299B and the Dynaco's I have here right now. Than once your all setup I'll stop over with a amp or 2 and we can play with your setup and see what sounds good to you.

Craig