5.1 vs. 4.1 is there much difference?

cornbred9

I recently purchased the 5.1 system, but was having second thoughts...

The system cost around $440 dollars at the store. I noticed that the 4.1 system online is only $150! I can still get a cash refund at the store and by the ones online for 150 and save $250. But what i would like to know if the difference is that noticeable or should i go ahead and return the 5.1 and get the 4.1. Thank you for your comments.

Grant

Well i know the ones online are refurbs. But i dont mind how they look as long as they sound awesome. Are the speakers in the 4.1 one the same as the ones in the 5.1 plus the center, or are they different... as in worse. The center doesnt seem to add that much. $250 extra bucks for a center and a control tower? I dont know if its worth it... I would like to know if its a good idea to go ahead and save the $250.

"prodj, stop your stupid posts about the 5.1's please...

the 4.1's are NOT $150. They are $199-249. The $150 are refurbs and only from klipsch online."

1) they're not stupid considering the amount of people that have problems and

2) they are on "buy it now" on ebay for 150 all the time.

I would take the 5.1's. I've heard my friends 4.1's and compared to my 5.1's they are definitely better. but again, as has been previously stated they are reliability issues with the 5.1's. If I were you I would just get an exteneded warranty and keep the 5.1's.

if you have the cash...get the 5.1's definetly...but only if u have a good soundcard (hercules gtxp, maudio, santa cruz...NOT creative) that will get you 5.1 sound. Otherwise your basically just paying for a better sub. Though, i do notice a consiberable increase in bass in the 5.1s over the 4.1s *friend has the 4.1s*

So...if your willing to take a risk and see if they break, go for it...try and get one w/ a good serial tho, avoid the ones that people say have problems. Mine have a 02-b and they have been top notch for the last 8 months.