How 'bout This for Function and Purpose?

cornwaller

Oh I have no problem with them. I just feel most will not like them to mechanical looking besides the ones that Bizzy Bee sells are the same money and look way better so with that in mind I would opt for his first although they seem over priced also. I just haven't been able to find his source. Maybe he did have them made.

Craig

Craig, I actually think the ones in the add above are far better than the Bizzy Bee options as they seem to be more solid, a better connection, and better made. I am surprised you find them ugly, actually. They seem to represent a more sound investment although I still favor binding posts for the monoblocks or easier to modify amps. I understand your reserve with the Scotts, however. It would be a major pain.

kh

Okay I found the post that I seen them in before it was posted by Mike Lindsay and there only 5.89 a pair !

Here the scoop

----------------

On 11/11/2002 12:33:12 PM Al Klappenberger wrote:

Mike,

If you can, I would like to see a close up picture of the cable adapters you have on the input in the picture you posted. They look interesting.

Al K.

----------------

Al,

Unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera. I can tell you that these mini-spade to banana adaptors are perfect for the individual that likes to use banana plugs for their speaker connectors. They are made by Philmore and the part number is 45-282G (figure 9 in the url)...

http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/PIX/phi58.jpg

They can be purchased cheaper at Jay-Tronics for 5.89/pair...

http://www.jaytronics.com/connectors.htm

The nice thing about them is the banana portion of the connector can be moved to the top or the side of the terminal, depending on how the spade is connected (top or side loading). BTW, these work great for the vintage amps, such as Eico, Scott, Fisher, etc...

Mike

good find Craig. I was looking for that too, couldn't find it. ebay guy is doing pretty good on those if he's buying them for $6 and selling for $27 or whatever. I'm going to put these on my Scott and Eico both. This means I'll need to put banana plugs on my speaker cables, right?

Edit: I meant to toss this in for anybody who is interested:

$5.89 Gold, block-type banana jack

it's part # 45-282G

Tom

Craig and all, that was a good find. But I need to retract my endorsment totally though because I actually thought these were banana AND screw adapters. This would be good for those people that area looking for the ability to change speaker cables on the fly with little fuss ala Mike Lindsey and the few other that want 2 channel and HT in the same setup going from different amps. Bananas work well here.

But for the best connection, it is advisable to KEEP the SCREW DOWN connection over any banana plug connection which relies on friction amd the split male lead instead of a solid, secure SCREW down method. Obviously, binding posts are the best with metal heads. But since a pain, the BEST solution, especially if ALL your GEAR is VINTAGE, is to get the proper size SPADES that fit on the screw blocks. Apply these spades to all your speaker cable at the amplifier end. Made sure you get the direction right. Heritage uses put at both ends if you havent converted your blocks to 5 way posts.

I am going to save the links and shots for your site update if anyone wants the ease of switching option. The spade options should be posted there as well both in a parts selection.

kh

Pressure and friction = gas-tight connection

A mechanical connection that is not gas-tight, isn't much better than a cold solder joint.

I'll never use banannas again.

It's hard to believe -- but the screws on the terminal strip are the best in this situation (vintage).