at a big dilema

prodj101

I can't decide. I want RF-7's but don't have the room for them, so I think RF-5's, but than I also want Lascala's, but have nowhere to put them at all, so I come back to RF-5's. is there any other possible solution to this problem. I know I'm going to end up with one of the three. I could get lascala's or RF-7's and put them in our cabin, but whats the point if you only can use them 4 days out of the month?

Get the loudspeakers you really want, and put 'em in the cabin if need-be. For now, you may only listen to them four days out of the month, but you still have the rest of your life, and someday those RF-7s or La Scalas are going to be in your own dedicated music/HT room...it's your move!

My Cornwalls are really too big for my music room, but I wouldn't part with 'em for anything. I'm not going to live in this house the rest of my life, so I've got the loudspeakers of my choice to eventually install in a dedicated room designed around them.

Just my opinion...1.gif

I know what you mean... I have a stack of papers a half an inch thick of DIY speaker designs by me... and I always just think, you know, I would still be better off getting Heresy's or LaScalas...

You could always convert a basement into a listening room, or an attic. Soon... someday... my attic will be a home theatre. Actually it will probably never be an HT. But in my house when I buy one, I will have a special HUGE room dedicated to HT. Not normal Klipsch either... Cinema line. 9.gif

Yes, I am crazy too.

I had the golden opportunity to do the media room thing up right when we built our house. But, being the swell guy that I am, I didn't want to hog too much of the basement for ~my~ music room, so I compromised...a little too much in retrospect. I wish I'd made it a bit bigger, with more k-horn friendly dimensions. But I was kind of limited by my ceiling height (8.67 ft.), anyway. What the heck, it still sounds great! Only a total anal retentive, obsessive/compulsive idiot like...moi!, would ever complain.9.gif