R28f tweeter

earthpig13

3 hours ago, earthpig13 said:

I did speak with Klipsch. They told me the part was discontinued and to contact this community along with the usual eBay and I also tried some speaker retailers 

So, is it just a diaphragm you need or the driver, or both.

Think it is Simply Speakers in Florida that is worth a call.

the problem is that any other tweeter   has to fit the  horn   , and the impedance must match the specs of the R-28F tweeter 

My 1st reaction , would be the RF -35  Tweeter , it looks quite similar , except for the terminals  placement   , you would have to check the specs with klipsch as far as the impedance .

Picture 5 of 8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185692421815?hash=item2b3c217eb7:g:Q08AAOSwB69jlJhm&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4GUXaH7HJPnwepGaT4WtHNszWPXMAe24%2BZSQmjqYWjp6mrgnzjMUk0oOu6mButkh5MVcO5LuAXYkaEkNSo2MsoqnXK3BAAYTkpc5Ns2V%2BcYRW%2FYFcam%2Fq%2BBiTJGqLKMTYQEr6ZLl74FxoLuZJ%2BzbpSjEVYQQxR7Di%2Fge5lDfYloZ1UnB%2BhU86PZ%2B2KaZKTGCy%2BUsgBoYDMnKMOzq%2BOzsktxXbRsAPNxmqG7v6G%2BEPZEU3sB%2BOkOEhxfn883JHEaZlxWd2yYwEslZjXXxtiI6yLEELeJ2lWJ6X3WhN5nI7u66|tkp%3ABk9SR5L-rpWjYQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I realize this is an old post.  Short story, same challenge, blown tweeter in R-28F.  Contacted Klipsch, they were extremely helpful.  The R-15M horn with tweeter has the same tweeter, they recommended that I order and remove the tweeter from the horn and install.  Have ordered the R-15M, and Klipsch doesn't charge shipping, same prices as what I saw on line.  Hope this helps!

• 6 months later...