University model 315

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have a pair of the smaller 312s and it was suggested to me to use a 6 cubic foot enclosure and tune by ear. I opted to use a Karlson enclosure instead. Unfortunately its not a completed project. The University drivers are the same vintage as the Karlsons and I felt would be a great combo (one day) Check the Karlson forum.

http://home.student.utwente.nl/e.j.j.ulfman/

taylor

• 2 weeks later...

fini, thanks for that link , someone called Al-Tec says:

The actual sound of these series 200 (70's) University 315-C Triaxials IS AS good, or better as any of the newest, latest loudspeakers! That is my opinion.

The brochure specs on the University 315-C Triaxial reads as follows:

MODEL 315-15C 15" 3-WAY SUPER DIFFAXIAL SPEAKER SYSTEM. Theater-type woofer, multi-element DIFFUSICONE mid-range section, axially mounted tweeter is a heavy-duty T-50 driver with wide-angle reciprocating flare horn. Self contained electrical crossover with brilliance and presence controls. 1000 Hz mechanical and 2500 Hz electrical crossover. Response from 25 to 20,000 Hz. 50 watts. 15.5" dia. by 12" deep. 34.5 lbs.

I am not yet sure of the destiny of the pair I have, I am still waiting to find out something about potential cabinet designs.

C&S

• 17 years later...