Micro Seiki DD 40 Issues

bluesboy

I have a Micro Seiki DD 40 turntable that seems to be having issues with the 45 RPM speed. I've looked at the motor to see if there is a way to lube it and the motor appears to be sealed. I couldn't see any way to open it. The 33 RPM works fine. Have any of you guys had any experience servicing one of these?

• Sad 1

The turntable is driven by a DC servo motor with integrated tachogenerator which directly drives the turntable with the standard speeds 33 1/3 and 45 RPM . Obviously, the tachogenerator has to be readjusted to 45 RPM.

You can open the motor unit from below as shown here,if you´re not experienced you better bring this wonderful TT to a technician to readjust the tachogenerator 

2145893332_dd40.jpg.f39c728105cb0338d5dc95d81e372387.jpg

dd401.jpg.af84774b26e6ea2e43e7bb6b56f018e4.jpg

• Like 1

If the speed is varying while playing (audibly slowing down), the pot's wiper or resistive element may be dirty. In MM's posted instructions above, I would add step 1.5: Run the adjustment for both 33 and 45 rpm back and forth, from end to end, several times. This will help clean the wiper and resistive track of dirt. Many potentiometers don't have a hard stop at the end of their adjustment, but will make a quiet click, so keep your ears open.

• Like 2