Bryston 4B with Heresy II

Henhouse4

Hi All,

I have Heresy II’s and now have been the benefactor of a Bryston 4B amp. The www came up pretty empty when I tried to search this combo…

I basically want to make sure I don’t cause damage to either one of these components if I unite this system. I’ll be using a mm cartridge and a vtl preamp.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On 3/23/2023 at 11:05 AM, Henhouse4 said:

Hi All,

I have Heresy II’s and now have been the benefactor of a Bryston 4B amp. The www came up pretty empty when I tried to search this combo…

I basically want to make sure I don’t cause damage to either one of these components if I unite this system. I’ll be using a mm cartridge and a vtl preamp.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Output power: 250W continuous into 8 ohms 

It is a power amplifier so you will need a pre amp in between 

Go light with the volume control 

A mighty fine amplifier.  I had the 7B STs years ago. 

If you search everyone will say that they are bright, harsh, blah blah blah.  I had the 7b STs and Classe CAM 350s, known to be 'tubelike' at the same time.  They were very similar.  The Classe was slightly rolled off on top compared to the Brystons, but not buy much. 

As others have said, keep the volume reasonable as they can do some damage to your speakers with that much power and Heresys are small, so if in a big room, don't try to push to loud volumes.