Heresy IV Black pair - Bradenton, FL $1750

amheck

31 minutes ago, amheck said:

Can get a new single for 1200 but I wouldn't mind saving a little by buying used. 

Seller says they are 8 outta 20 with no visible scratches or marks

8 outta 20?  That’s different.

34 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not really certain why you landed on Heresy center.

I thought the heresy was originally designed as a center? 

I have rc64iii now but was just looking for something more matching with the la Scalas 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, amheck said:

heresy was originally designed as a center 

You can use also use the Forte III-Forte IV as centers ,  the Forte III-IV  Tractrix  Mumps Mids horn would make a fantastic center 

Thinking Forte for rears but I think they are too tall for my center and would block the screen.  I only have 32" below.  I think maybe a quartet would fit but might be a little too big and in your face. 

30 minutes ago, OO1 said:

You can use also use the Forte III-Forte IV as centers ,  the Forte III-IV  Tractrix  Mumps Mids horn would make a fantastic center 

• Like 1

Seller removed the ad.  I asked if they sold, cause they had just responded to me an hour before.  They said they are considering keeping them.

Once I can decide what I'm doing with the La Scala and RF7's, I might just end up ordering new Heresy IV.  I figured I spent a grand on my RC-64iii, so the same on a single heresy isn't that out of whack.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2023 at 3:27 PM, amheck said:

Thinking Forte for rears but I think they are too tall for my center and would block the screen.  I only have 32" below.  I think maybe a quartet would fit but might be a little too big and in your face. 

Quartet really isn’t that much bigger than a Heresy..  only 28” without the riser.

What mid driver is in your La Scala?

currently have k-55-x in LS II.

my current center (rc-64iii on a temp box) is 30" high and works out ok so it doesn't appear the quartet would be any taller, which is good.

The speaker is out a bunch from the wall as it sits in front of my ultra short throw projector, so the smaller the better for the center, I'd say.  Current speaker is 44" out from the screen to the front of the speaker

Will keep an eye out for a nice quartet set.

9 minutes ago, winglet said:

Why not a Heresy I with a k55 mid?

I personally prefer the tractrix mid of my quartet to my heresy I, but I’d think the heresy will better match your la scala.

the prices people want for H1 bugs me.  I'd rather spend a couple hundred more and get a new IV.   But I'll always take another option to look into.