Klipsch The Three with Google assistant

Nova19

I have a problem with my Klipsch The Three Google Assistant.

It suddenly went offline.

I reset the unit, and tried to reinstall it.

But after wifi is connected in Google home, the problem begins.

It says cannot communicate with the device ( I use an iPhone XR) , please look that Local network is on.

But that is on.

I tried several times but no go.

I have started up my iPhone again, i tried reinstalling Google Home,I have placed the unit somewhere else, where the other google unit was working fine,

i also tried an other iPhone, the same.

I reset(hard) my router/modem from Ziggo.

Also my access point, still no go.

It just will not finish the whole process.

It makes an wifi connection , and when connected it gives the problem that it can not communicate with the device in Google home.

And that is it.

I spend hours on it, but I don't know anymore where to find it.

My last solution now is, tomorrow a friend of mine comes with an android Phone.

But I am afraid that is not the problem.

All other google devices , such as Google Nest hub and HK citation work fine.

Any more solutions left ?

This is what support I got by email from Klipsch.

Thank you for contacting Klipsch! You will want to try factory resetting the speaker : The Three GVA - Factory Reset
Then try deleting and reinstalling the Google Home app. Also delete the Three from your phone's Bluetooth list and re pair.

If issues continue, you will want to reach out to the delaer where the product was purchased if still under warranty.

I have send them an email with all the tekst I also have put here.

What a bad  support.

No solution  or anything else to try.

They just ignore that it is a problem.

Edited by Nova19

Urghh.  I am having the same problem😔 started yesterday 4-13. I keep getting “ Kitchen speaker may be set up, but we could not communicate with it from your iPad. Make sure that you have enabled local network access in your iPad’s privacy settings. Then try again”.

I have tried EVERYTHING…router reset, google app upgrade, factory reset - multi-able times…air-plane mode as suggested by google forum, Klipsch connect, and Klipsch stream……I read about some patent problems, and see this unit is no longer for sale on the Klipsch website? Help us Klipsch ! life was good with music streaming on The Three’s until now….

I also have problems with my Three. I can play music with Spotify connect, but if I "activate" google assistant with a "hey google" everything freezes until I deactivate and activate the microphone on the Three. Then the music continue again (until something/someone activates google assistant again). 

3 hours ago, cindyluwho58 said:

Urghh.  I am having the same problem😔 started yesterday 4-13. I keep getting “ Kitchen speaker may be set up, but we could not communicate with it from your iPad. Make sure that you have enabled local network access in your iPad’s privacy settings. Then try again”.

I have tried EVERYTHING…router reset, google app upgrade, factory reset - multi-able times…air-plane mode as suggested by google forum, Klipsch connect, and Klipsch stream……I read about some patent problems, and see this unit is no longer for sale on the Klipsch website? Help us Klipsch ! life was good with music streaming on The Three’s until now….

If it really Is a patent problem, then we have to get our money back because that is against the law to sell products you know that in the future this happens.

It is really a shame then !

I hope more people will tell here that they have the same problem.

Because then we can make it a problem for Klipsch !

If it is structural.

It can also be an update that does not go all the way , and will cause that the units do not work anymore ?

I have four Klipsch The Three w GVA and all of them have started behaving the same way. It is connected to the internet as you can see them in Google home or Spotify but it is non responsive to any commands or audio streaming through the internet. I have a Google home mini and it works fine. Help! 

Edited by HG5
typo

1 hour ago, Nova19 said:

If it really Is a patent problem

nope , it's a Firmware problem , a micro-program  in between hardware and software  , when klipsch will release a new revision  , the issue should be resolved 

35 minutes ago, OO1 said:

nope , it's a Firmware problem , a micro-program  in between hardware and software  , when klipsch will release a new revision  , the issue should be resolved 

But how will we get that firmware solution, if we can connect anymore in the google home app ?

Or do I say something stupid now ?

37 minutes ago, OO1 said:

I mean off course of we can NOT connect anymore in the google app.

20 hours ago, Radioman said:

The Three with Google Assistant doesn’t have a usb port. 

yeah , you're right ,  the Firmware update via the web only applies to the Three II  , the USB port  makes it so easy versus via the klipsch  web server IP

That service from Klipsch ,

I got almost tears in my eyes from it.

The attitude almost hostile against buyers from Klipsch products.

I said to him , read the Klipsch community and gave him the link.

It is by more then one people.

This is the reaction after several emails :

We have received many messages from you today. Like previously stated, we have tried everything on the troubleshooting front with the product. It looks like there is still persistent issues with it's compatibility / connectivity.

You will want to reach out to the dealer where it was purchased if it is still under warranty. If it is not under warranty, you will need to look toward the cost of a different product.

They only gave me the solution reset, take the name Klipsch out of bluetooth and repair and that is it.

Mine is about 2 years and 1 month old.

I live in the Netherlands.

And we are not used to not get more support.

They also don't sell anymore the product.

I have the idea that they think, it does not matter me.

Never had such a bad support till now.

I got an email back sorry for the inconvenience, we close the ticket now. 

And that is it !

Nothing from we will investigate this problem further.

Oh my god, go and buy a new one, 500 euro after two years gone !

Never again Klipsch in this way for me.

A lawsuit that is better, haha 🙂