Klipsch The Three with Google assistant

Nova19

2 hours ago, slumkid said:

Still having the same issue here.

Did you  remove the Klipsch  from the google home app,and after that a reset form the device and then again connect it in Google home app ?

Edited by Nova19

20 minutes ago, Nova19 said:

Did you  remove the Klipsch  from the google home app,and after that a reset form the device and then again connect it in Google home app ?

The Klipsch is not IN the Google home app. That's my problem, I can't get it to connect. It gets to the final step where it connects to my WiFi and it bombs out. Says "Could not communicate with your Klipsch the three". If I try it a second time, it gets to the same point and then I get an error that says something to the effect of "cannot authenticate your device"

This all started for me when my Klipsch was not connected to my Wi-Fi about a week or so ago. I reset the speaker, and it hasn't worked right since. It briefly reconnected after I deleted the Home app, but went bad again a few hours later.

The only thing that's changed for me is that Google Home used to "hand off" the process to another google app (Device utility) to complete the process of connecting. Now, its not even trying to do that. (which is how my speaker connected for years, until something changed some time back and it started using the device utility)

The weird part is that my router's device list says that The Three is connected. It just seems that the Klipsch can't finish the last step. The speaker is unresponsive will all four lights on.

On 4/20/2023 at 3:58 AM, koretex said:

I'm having the exact same issues as everyone else. I used it just fine on 4-13, tried to use it again on 4-17 and no go. I have mine setup with a static IP and I can go to the speaker in a web browser and it shows everything is connected and fine, including internet/network access, but everything pertaining to Google is broken. Bluetooth still works just fine.

Edit: Sorry, I quoted incorrectly/wrongly.

Edited by andyjy901
a mistake in a quoted message

6 hours ago, andyjy901 said:

I am in Taiwan and the problem is still not solved. I have updated my phone's Google Home app and restarted The Three. It's possible that the update process is partitioned like a software OTA update. I'll wait a few more days to see if it gets better. It's really frustrating, especially when you get used to relying on all voice control services, just like now with the new ChatGPT. I think I'll also become addicted and unable to live without it in the future.

Edit: Confirmed that the problem has been resolved now! No action is needed (eg. remove device in Home app) as it has restored itself.

5 hours ago, slumkid said:

The Klipsch is not IN the Google home app. That's my problem, I can't get it to connect. It gets to the final step where it connects to my WiFi and it bombs out. Says "Could not communicate with your Klipsch the three". If I try it a second time, it gets to the same point and then I get an error that says something to the effect of "cannot authenticate your device"

This all started for me when my Klipsch was not connected to my Wi-Fi about a week or so ago. I reset the speaker, and it hasn't worked right since. It briefly reconnected after I deleted the Home app, but went bad again a few hours later.

The only thing that's changed for me is that Google Home used to "hand off" the process to another google app (Device utility) to complete the process of connecting. Now, its not even trying to do that. (which is how my speaker connected for years, until something changed some time back and it started using the device utility)

The weird part is that my router's device list says that The Three is connected. It just seems that the Klipsch can't finish the last step. The speaker is unresponsive will all four lights on.

5 hours ago, slumkid said:

But you have the Klipsch The Three with google assistant (heritage) ?

Strange....

So you have reset your device again, and still Cannot communicate with the device ?

You reinstalled the google home app ?

And have you reset your router ?

What region are you ?

1 hour ago, Nova19 said:

But you have the Klipsch The Three with google assistant (heritage) ?

Strange....

So you have reset your device again, and still Cannot communicate with the device ?

You reinstalled the google home app ?

And have you reset your router ?

What region are you ?

Yes, that is my speaker, and I have done all of those things. I am in Florida, USA

It goes through all the setup steps except the last one. It finds the Klipsch, it plays the tone, it asks what room I want it in, and then it tries to connect to my WiFi and says it can't (but my WiFi router app says it is a connected device).

I've had the Klipsch over 4 years, and occasionally (rarely) it will disconnect for no reason, or the Home app can't access it. I usually just reset the Three and then reconnect, no problem. This time, I have been unable to reconnect.

4 hours ago, slumkid said:

Yes, that is my speaker, and I have done all of those things. I am in Florida, USA

It goes through all the setup steps except the last one. It finds the Klipsch, it plays the tone, it asks what room I want it in, and then it tries to connect to my WiFi and says it can't (but my WiFi router app says it is a connected device).

I've had the Klipsch over 4 years, and occasionally (rarely) it will disconnect for no reason, or the Home app can't access it. I usually just reset the Three and then reconnect, no problem. This time, I have been unable to reconnect.

You can try the method mentioned in the previous post by MikeFromFR as below: (Find the IP address of your Klipsch speaker on your WiFi access point)

1) Connect to The Klipsch WiFi opened Network (I used my computer)

2) Connect to The Klipsch Web Interface (192.168.255.249 in my case and I used my computer).

3) In the web interface; Scan the network and connect to your home WiFi.

4) You should be able to see and connect your speaker in Google Home app from your smartphone.

image.thumb.png.15dba0b4d8e4622949ddace878255d4e.png

Edited by andyjy901
attach sample image
  • Thanks 1

My Klipsch The Three hasn't been working with Google Assistant for the past over 2 weeks.  This morning I decided to give it another try.  I did another reset and finally it started working again.  The steps were just following the normal ones: 1) Unplug the power for several min, 2) Plug back and reset button, 3) When the speaker prompt to setup Google Assistant I went to the Google Home app, 3) In Google Home app click add new device, 4) Google Home will prompt to use Device Utility app to activate the device, 5) Follow the instructions in Device Utility app, 6) Follow the instruction to go back the Google Home app to finish the setup. 

• Thanks 1

Problem solved for me as well.

The reason for my username had to do with what was being reported earlier in the thread (the go buy something else apparent response someone received). I hope that wasn’t the case, because if I would’ve received that reply I would’ve been incensed, I have spent several thousand dollars on Klipsch products (like I’m sure many on here have) to have received such a poor initial response. 

Glad this issue has been fixed.  

• Like 1

Method from MikeFromFR and andyjy901 helped for me! I got stuck with Google Home app trying to connect Wifi. I connected to Klipsch itself (via Wifi), opened web browser and used the right IP address. I used the browser based tool to connect to my Wifi. After that I returned to my home Wifi and started Google Home app where the installation of the speaker was a success this time. Now Spotify and voice commands etc. work as they did before.

Edited by tpuuska
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Sorry to revive this old thread, but my Klipsch The Three GVA is behaving this exact same way since Feb. 20th. Any chance one of you here is experiencing the same issue? 

Edit : after following the exact steps described by MikeFromFR earlier, I've finally been able to get my speaker back into Google Home. Thanks a ton o//

Edited by Veel

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2023 at 2:14 PM, MurrayE said:

Problem is rectified for me also. As The Three has no firmware update this must have been a Google issue as suspected.

And the problem is back for me almost a year later. Klipsch the Three lost connection to Google Home so I reset. Now trying to connect to Google Home and Wifi and....

"Connection problem during setup"

"Could not communicate with your Klipsch The Three"

I mean it found it and played the sound so its the protocol when trying to setup wifi. Google is really annoying me with this crap!

Edit:

The fix from andyjy901 above does work but I found something new. My Klipsch was part of a speaker network so whenever I reset it it would pick up that network and rename itself. When you press the reset button on the back, hold it an additional 20seconds and you'll hear the other speakers say a speaker was removed. After that my speaker remained Klipsch The Three during setup.

Edited by MurrayE
New discovery