Klipsch The Three with Google assistant

Nova19

I had the same issue from few days, and I tried the same things as you without success (reset, disconnect from Google Home, test on another google assistant, test in another home,  ...). I was starting to go crazy... I really thought that it comes from my Klipsch, nor from a incompatibility with Google Home.

Hope they will fix it soon 🤞

It really does seem like it should be a Klipsch issue, but who knows?

It seems odd to me that they would release a firmware update on a product that is this mature. Unless it was just a mistake - or maybe they had to update firmware to adapt to a change that Google was making?  I would love to know the reason behind this, but first I hope someone just fixes it. 

I contacted Google because that's what the Klipsch rep said to do. I'm curious to see what the response from Google will be.

If this problem IS from a Klipsch firmware update, I wonder how they are going to update a bunch of bricks that don't have a USB port on the back.

My klipsch the three google is also not connecting to wifi. Used to be a klipsch fan, but after reading all this indifference from the company. I don't think I will purchase anything else from them!!

Edited by LSB
Word changed

19 hours ago, LSB said:

My klipsch the three google is also not connecting to wifi. Used to be a klipsch fan, but after reading all this indifference from the company. I don't think I will purchase anything else from them!!

I agree with you, if support does not change in only if your are under warranty , or buy something else.

No Klipsch for me anymore then.

I like their sound, but not the support.

On 4/13/2023 at 4:07 PM, Ekna said:

I also have problems with my Three. I can play music with Spotify connect, but if I "activate" google assistant with a "hey google" everything freezes until I deactivate and activate the microphone on the Three. Then the music continue again (until something/someone activates google assistant again). 

On 4/13/2023 at 4:07 PM, Ekna said:

I also have problems with my Three. I can play music with Spotify connect, but if I "activate" google assistant with a "hey google" everything freezes until I deactivate and activate the microphone on the Three. Then the music continue again (until something/someone activates google assistant again). 

This is exactly what we are experiencing. We can stream and BT to it, but inquiring with a "Hey Google" causes it to freeze and silencing the mic unfreezes it to continue to play. I don't think Klipsch created a way for an end user  to firmware upgrade this model speaker. Something changed with Google Assistant and now this is a "dumb" speaker. Big disappointment and a big fail on engineering by Klipsch.

On 4/15/2023 at 9:07 AM, HG5 said:

Try using the prompt button next to the volume control of your GVA unit. It seems to recognize voice commands when the prompt button is pressed but not when you say 'Hey Google' or 'OK Google' like before. This is still unsatisfactory by a far stretch but it shows that the device is connected to the home internet. The voice prompt is where it is gummed up and needs looking into.

I fully agree with the comments that Klipsch and Google need to get their engineers on this pronto!

Yes. This is what it's doing. Assistant button works but Hey Google, OK Google result in all 4 lights and no response until you hit the assistant button again. While they are lit if you try OK Google again the lights flicker but nothing happens and they stay on. I have an insignia voice smart, and several Google/nest mini's that are not affected.

Edited by KMUT

On 4/14/2023 at 10:51 PM, slumkid said:

001 (if that is your real name 😉) - I'm sure you're right about that, but the initial response that we got from Klipsch support doesn't do anything to instill confidence in the process. Instead of "That's interesting, we'll look into it", we got "not our problem" and "buy something else"

it's Randy ........the problem has nothing to do with klipsch ,    Google's  latest update has caused compatibility issues ,

Google   released an  update  before making sure that it was 100% compatible with the klipsch Three with Google Assistant ,

2 options ,   roll back to the previous update  or wait till klipsch helps Google to sort out the  incompatibility .

Fest your frustrations with Google ,   dont blame klipsch  

31 minutes ago, Thunder3dan said:

Yes it is now getting a world problem.

From all sort of countries now complains.

So They all made a mistake ?

I think that Google, has shut down things.

I cannot prove it, but after calling Google , I really think so now.

Google's laid off a lot of people recently.

Their "flagship" year old pixel phone got it's update three weeks late last month and a week late this month.

It's the worst phone I've ever had anyhow, might have to go with sammy next year. Don't know a thing about touchwhiz might have to learn.

My N-82 was an awesome phone... and something else could go in my left front pocket with it at the same time!

I have The Three with Google assistant, all of a sudden last week, when you say, hey Google, it doesnt respond, the 4 white lights stay on; however when you hit the Google assistant button a command works.  Klipsch, what is the fix to get voice assistant to work again without pressing the button?

5 hours ago, lou skyrider said:

I have The Three with Google assistant, all of a sudden last week, when you say, hey Google, it doesnt respond, the 4 white lights stay on; however when you hit the Google assistant button a command works.  Klipsch, what is the fix to get voice assistant to work again without pressing the button?

That is now just the problem , nobody knows.

Google and also not  Klipsch take the responsibility.

And as long nobody says who is responsible nothing will happen.

I called Google also today.

The same riddle.

So reset, install again the google home app etcetera etcetera.

I say to him, it beginning to look al lot like (Christmas) a world problem.

Because also Marshall products are infected now.

I believe, no I am sure , Google is the one to blame.

They did something and blocked out brands to use ok, google.

And Why ?

Some  say the lawsuit between Google and Sonos.

Others say a  patent  problem.

But in the end , we the user , have got the problem now that we can not use our product anymore !!

Google, Klipsch do something about it !

This is not normal.

Edited by Nova19

The same problem with our Klipsch. I bought a Nest Audio, planning to move the electronics from de Nest to the Klipsch. We also have a LG and JBL with Google assistant. They are still working. Maybe newer firmware in these speakers are compatible with the software update Google innitiated. Must have something to do with the Google Sonos trail.

Greetings from Estonia. At my 3 (!!) different locations, I have 2 x Klipsch the Three GVA and 2 x Marshall Acton 2 GVA-s. They all quit. But I also have there 2 x Marshall Uxbridge GVA and at least on of them is still working fine… go figure. Seems like we need to wait. Disappointed.

I am joining the thread—same connectivity issue with my The Three with Google Assistant. It stopped working around the same time as everyone else - once I updated to the latest Google Home app version. I've tried every single reset, reboot, and reinstall troubleshooting method too many times but have yet to succeed. I will submit tickets with Klipsh and Google so the known issue trail documentation gets longer. 

I'm glad I found this thread to confirm my hardware did not break (and I am not crazy). 

• Like 1