Klipsch The Three with Google assistant

Nova19

I would  try  to  roll back the klipsch Three with Google assistant , by removing the latest Google Home version ,  the previous Google Home app  had no compatibility issues ,  and  make sure to  turn off the Updates until Google solves the issue .

43 minutes ago, OO1 said:

I would  try  to  roll back the klipsch Three with Google assistant , by removing the latest Google Home version ,  the previous Google Home app  had no compatibility issues ,  and  make sure to  turn off the Updates until Google solves the issue .

Yes but I cannot roll back the google home app on a iPhone to try.

4 hours ago, Nova19 said:

Yes but I cannot roll back the google home app on a iPhone to try.

easy enough ,  borrow an older  Android or even an  iPhone  without the latest Google Home app  revision,  problem solved  until Google  does the Fix , 

-  VIP make sure to turn off the updates  .

Google Support replied to my inquiry. I don't know when I'll have time to try this potential solution, so I thought I'd post it here in case one of you want to give it a try (I have an android phone, not sure if this works for iPhone):

"Hello Tom,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team.

This is Maria from Google Support. Thank you so much for your patience. Our senior team verifies the information and just to confirm, can you please verify if you can update your Android Google Search App (Google app) to 13.48.11.29. If you haven't received the update please follow these steps: 

1. Open Google Play store > search for the Google app > select Uninstall.
  2. Once done, the Google app rolls back to an older version.
  3. Clear the Google app’s cache
    a. Go to Android Settings > Choose Apps. 
    b. On the list of apps, find the Google app .  
    c. Tap Storage > Select Clear cache.
  4. Attempt to connect or link the Klipsch The Three with Google Assistant in the Google Home app again."

Edit: so I guess that's just rolling back to an older version of the Google App (not Google Home). Hope it works, but If it does, I guess we'll have to stop updates for a while.

Edited by slumkid
more info

I'm having the exact same issues as everyone else. I used it just fine on 4-13, tried to use it again on 4-17 and no go. I have mine setup with a static IP and I can go to the speaker in a web browser and it shows everything is connected and fine, including internet/network access, but everything pertaining to Google is broken. Bluetooth still works just fine.

2 hours ago, slumkid said:

Google Support replied to my inquiry. I don't know when I'll have time to try this potential solution, so I thought I'd post it here in case one of you want to give it a try (I have an android phone, not sure if this works for iPhone):

"Hello Tom,

This is Maria from Google Support. Thank you so much for your patience. Our senior team verifies the information and just to confirm, can you please verify if you can update your Android Google Search App (Google app) to 13.48.11.29. If you haven't received the update please follow these steps: 

4. Attempt to connect or link the Klipsch The Three with Google Assistant in the Google Home app again."

Edit: so I guess that's just rolling back to an older version of the Google App (not Google Home). Hope it works, but If it does, I guess we'll have to stop updates for a while.

2 hours ago, slumkid said:

"Hello Tom,

That is ok if you are a android user, but what if you have a iPhone ?

4 hours ago, slumkid said:

"Hello Tom,

Unfortunately this didn't work using my Android Samsung S22

On 4/19/2023 at 5:33 AM, OO1 said:

Sir, How to roll back the Google home app for android? 

20 hours ago, Nova19 said:

Terrible company that Klipsch.

you're going overboard ,  the   issue is a Google  update problem , the klipsch Three with Google Assistant has no issues with the klipsch  hardware or the electronics  , ,klipsch has nothing to do with this problem , 0

Like everyone else on the feed, I too have the same issue with my ‘the Three with GVA’ not connecting.  Same response from Klipsch- and I’ve only had it for 6 months!  Same steps performed, same response from Klipsch, and no dice…   I guess for now (hopefully not forever) it’ll just be a Bluetooth speaker. Totally #disappointed with #Klipsch!  And yes, TOTALLY disappointed with #GoogleHome as well.  #Sucks!

23 hours ago, OO1 said:

you're going overboard ,  the   issue is a Google  update problem , the klipsch Three with Google Assistant has no issues with the klipsch  hardware or the electronics  , ,klipsch has nothing to do with this problem , 0

But I wish Klipsch WOULD have something to do with this problem. The only other speaker I have seen (so far) that's having this same issue is Marshall Stanmore. If you look at the Marshall forum, the response that they gave to their customers was far more professional and sympathetic. It's like they care. I didn't really get that from Klipsch, and other people here didn't either. Instead of telling us to take it up with Google, THEY should take it up with Google (I would hope they are doing this, and their support people should say so if they are).

And by the way, unless someone has some inside info, we DON"T really know yet why our speakers are dead.  It's pretty obvious a Google update has led to this problem (since their troubleshooting steps include a rollback of the Google app). Did they forget to inform Klipsch and Marshall of a change, or did those companies drop the ball? Maybe there's a particular spec our speakers don't meet, and it wasn't an issue until now.

I haven't heard of any Google Speakers, JBL speakers or other brands "with Google Assistant" having this issue yet. (again, so far)

I know its tough for two large companies to work together to solve a problem, no matter who was to blame. And since this isn't affecting a large number of devices, its not at the top of their list. It would just be nice if Klipsch at least gave the impression that they give a SH!*

Edited by slumkid
wasn't long-winded enough

I have the exact same issue here with my Klipsch The Three GVA.

I reset multiple times but it does not help. Worst now, I am not able to connect my speaker to Google Home app with error "Unable to communicate with your device..." during WiFi connection step.

@Klipsch support : Please HELP and not send wrong answers.

GREAT NEWS : I have been able to reconnect my Klipsch The Three GVA to my WiFi using the speaker Web interface after the reset.

I am still not able to activate the speaker using "OK Google" but I can stream my music again now.

1) Connect to The Klipsch WiFi opened Network (I used my computer)
2) Connect to The Klipsch Web Interface (192.168.255.249 in my case and I used my computer).
3) In the web interface; Scan the network and connect to your home WiFi.
4) You should be able to see and connect your speaker in Google Home app from your smartphone.
5) Rename the speaker as you want in Google Home app.

Good luck and greatings from France.

I am in Taiwan and the problem is still not solved. I have updated my phone's Google Home app and restarted The Three. It's possible that the update process is partitioned like a software OTA update. I'll wait a few more days to see if it gets better. It's really frustrating, especially when you get used to relying on all voice control services, just like now with the new ChatGPT. I think I'll also become addicted and unable to live without it in the future.