Klipsch The Three with Google assistant

Nova19

OK so good news? I was using the Klipsch Three this morning as I always do, but this time via Bluetooth. Out of the blue, music stopped, device did a reset? Google assistant tells me to “log onto Google home “ which I did. Low and behold I am able to connect to the Wi-Fi and  now back in business like nothing ever happen. Not sure what is happening? Maybe this was a google issue all along? Hope everyone here also experiences the same outcome!

• Like 1

Having the same issue, and same lack of support. Actually, got mine working for a short time after deleting and reinstalling the Google Home app. It didn't last long, and I can't get it back. After going through all the connection steps, my router's device page says its connected, but the Klipsch doesn't seem to know that.

Bradley from support has been responsive to my emails, but unhelpful. He actually suggested I shop for a different product. Forget that it is not covered under warranty, they won't even repair their products for a fee.

I doubt that Klipsch has recently updated the firmware for a product this old, so that probably leaves a Google problem or a patent problem as someone else suggested. If its a patent problem, I hope that this will be addressed by Klipsch (hope).

There may be a way to update firmware (if there is an update). You may be able to access the product's web page through a browser using it's IP address. (my Klipsch is unplugged right now, so I can't see if there is a firmware update button there, but I think I remember seeing it)

Edited by slumkid

After seeing that this is a common issue, I contacted Klipsch support again and mentioned that multiple people are seeing this problem. I asked the rep if he could check with Klipsch engineering.

His reply was: "We are aware of this issue and it seems Googles new update may have caused a compatibility issue. As stated, we would suggest to either see if a Google Home had any suggestions."

I told him I would, and that I hoped Klipsch would do the same.

It seems like they really don't want to be bothered with this and aren't taking any steps to confirm a problem or to remedy it.

By the way, the IP address for the Klipsch is 192.168.1.21

If your Klipsch is powered on, and you've tried to connect, you might be able to access this.  Type that IP address into your browser, and you should get the device web page. There is a way to choose a file under the "update" tab, but of course, we don't have a file, and who knows if this is even enabled.

on to Google...

klipsch1.jpg

18 minutes ago, slumkid said:

After seeing that this is a common issue, I contacted Klipsch support again and mentioned that multiple people are seeing this problem. I asked the rep if he could check with Klipsch engineering.

His reply was: "We are aware of this issue and it seems Googles new update may have caused a compatibility issue. As stated, we would suggest to either see if a Google Home had any suggestions."

I told him I would, and that I hoped Klipsch would do the same.

It seems like they really don't want to be bothered with this and aren't taking any steps to confirm a problem or to remedy it.

By the way, the IP address for the Klipsch is 192.168.1.21

If your Klipsch is powered on, and you've tried to connect, you might be able to access this.  Type that IP address into your browser, and you should get the device web page. There is a way to choose a file under the "update" tab, but of course, we don't have a file, and who knows if this is even enabled.

on to Google...

klipsch1.jpg

It is really a shame, neither if it is a Klipsch or google problem.

Klipsch  has a contract with Google.

Not the customer.

They make a product that works with Google.

We buy it in a shop.

So off course the shop is the first we must complain to.

But, it is really a shame that we are now left behind with a product that does not work anymore.

Abd that with in my case , just two years old !

I have purchased FIVE three gva. Contacted dealer. 30 days from them 1 year from Klipsch. As all you fine people report no help from Klipsch so warranty is bogus. The run around. Contact the seller no contact the company and the dance is on. Ironically I have 2 The One Gva and they are still working. It is definitely firmware but no way to access without support.

Thank you Slumkid and Nova19 for your time invested in this mess! It’s all ok until it’s not….we are at the mercy of the internet powers that be….I use my Klipsch speaker about 80% of my day when I’m home! As an music audiophile I enjoy the convenience of Google assistant and enjoy the high bit-rate the Wi-Fi delivers over Bluetooth, as why I made the purchase from Klipsch, known for their legendary speaker systems. I hope google will have the solutions we need!

Edited by cindyluwho58

Relax guys , nothing  gets solved in a few days , the issue is fresh for tech support   , Klipsch and Google will work out the compatibility issues , give em a couple of weeks to find a solution ., 

001 (if that is your real name 😉) - I'm sure you're right about that, but the initial response that we got from Klipsch support doesn't do anything to instill confidence in the process. Instead of "That's interesting, we'll look into it", we got "not our problem" and "buy something else"

• Sad 1

On 4/14/2023 at 3:07 AM, Ekna said:

I also have problems with my Three. I can play music with Spotify connect, but if I "activate" google assistant with a "hey google" everything freezes until I deactivate and activate the microphone on the Three. Then the music continue again (until something/someone activates google assistant again). 

I got the same problem too. 

Try using the prompt button next to the volume control of your GVA unit. It seems to recognize voice commands when the prompt button is pressed but not when you say 'Hey Google' or 'OK Google' like before. This is still unsatisfactory by a far stretch but it shows that the device is connected to the home internet. The voice prompt is where it is gummed up and needs looking into.

I fully agree with the comments that Klipsch and Google need to get their engineers on this pronto!

Nothing much to add except to add 2 more Klipsch The Threes to the list that stopped working.

Pressing the Google Assist works but no "Hey Google".

I tried a reset (button on back) and the same issue as you all. Connects to Bluetooth during setup (I hear the beep) but no wifi connection on either channel.