LS3 crossover, for which squawker ( k55M / k55V ) ?

SpeedLimit

Maybe the question has already been asked, but I haven't found on the site.

For which Squawker, was the AL3 crossover (La Scala) planned? ==> For the K55 Electrovoice or the K55 Atlas Sound PD-5VH?

The 2 drivers do not have the same usable frequency band .. The Atlas sound is a little bit short in the high frequencies  compared to the Electrovoice

the K-55V  can benefit from a NEW  diaphragm , the old Atlas diaphragm  are pretty worn out ,  being older than the K-55M ,   the performance of the new K-55V Atlas diaphragm ,   is now on par with the K-55M or pretty close 

5 hours ago, SpeedLimit said:

Maybe the question has already been asked, but I haven't found on the site.

For which Squawker, was the AL3 crossover (La Scala) planned? ==> For the K55 Electrovoice or the K55 Atlas Sound PD-5VH?

The 2 drivers do not have the same usable frequency band .. The Atlas sound is a little bit short in the high frequencies  compared to the Electrovoice

The dual phase plug K55M is flatter to 6000hz, then drops like a rock.  I assume this required the change from the AA type tweeter filter, which crosses closer to 5000hz, to the steep elliptical filter in the AL and AK series crossovers that cross at 6000hz.

I would think that a K55V solder tab would work as well in the AL/AK crossovers, since it also is a dual phase plug.???

5 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

but they do not match with a LS3 crossover - something missing in the high medium - like a hole between squawker and tweeter

could be something wrong with the AL-3    network , it should not make a difference with either the New PD5VH or the k55M ,I have both ,

is the AL-3 klipsch original ?

8 minutes ago, OO1 said:

could be something wrong with the AL-3    network , it should not make a difference with either the New PD5VH or the k55M ,I have both ,

is the AL-3 klipsch original ?

Yes a original AL-3.   I had the same problem when i bought this crossover. Then, I only tried to change the condensators for new ones.

And not better nor worse