help with new made Klipsch RF-83 crossover build, amp cutting out when volume is increased

ok I have measured all the drivers from both speakers , all measure about the same so its nothing to do with the drivers, is there polarity on the coils? there is no polarity on the caps and resistors I used, can someone go over the crossover I built it should be right, im at wits end, maybe I should have just bought a second hand crossover  

17 minutes ago, senzlez2 said:

ok I have measured all the drivers from both speakers , all measure about the same so its nothing to do with the drivers, is there polarity on the coils? there is no polarity on the caps and resistors I used, can someone go over the crossover I built it should be right, im at wits end, maybe I should have just bought a second hand crossover  

Is this a solder joint (red circle)?

18506050_IMG_0260Large.thumb.jpeg.9fcc056b767574dea4387019aa0dc7c5.jpeg

Yes speakers have polarities But not like you will damage them if you hook up in reverse. They will just move in opposite directions to the applied signal if hooked up with reverse polarity. So it is possible in speakers with multiple drivers to connect them improperly.

The shorting "bars or straps" at the 4 input banana jacks should negate the need to tie all the + and - inputs together on the crossover itself. If you tie together on crossover the shorting bars are redundant and the speaker will not be able to be bi wired/bi amped.

5 minutes ago, senzlez2 said:

yes it does its one of the ground cables you pointed out I put on 

Sorry, I meant a wire from the bottom - to the top - with no other added connections.  That resistor is already connected to the bottom -.  You've shorted out the resistor with that joint.  Try desoldering that spot and bend the wire over that "intersection" to see if that fixes the issue.  Later I'd clean that up.

3 minutes ago, mboxler said:

With the 8.2 ohm resistor "bypassed", the impedance of the woofer circuit drops to a dead short around 300hz.  That's the resonance frequency of the 3.6mh in series with the 75uf capacitor.

I have desoldered and bent the wire upwards its not touching the resistor, I tried to measure the ohm impedance again its the same, on both 0.0.4 on speaker terminals I have them all connected on the floor drivers and crossover , should it not be about 8ohm total impedance on terminals all connected together ? 

3 minutes ago, senzlez2 said:

I have desoldered and bent the wire upwards its not touching the resistor, I tried to measure the ohm impedance again its the same, on both 0.0.4 on speaker terminals I have them all connected on the floor drivers and crossover , should it not be about 8ohm total impedance on terminals all connected together ? 

8 ohms is a nominal figure measured with 20 to 20000hz sweeps.  Your multimeter is sending and measuring DC, which won't work.

That's why you need to measure drivers disconnected from the crossover to measure the DCR of the voice coil.  Once you apply AC everything changes.

I happen to have a pair of RF-83's.  I'll check resistance at the terminals and get back to you.  I'd still give it a try now that the resistor can do it's job.

Looks like you have a short circuit.

It's pretty easy to do. I have!

Always a good idea to measure before risking a nice amp like yours.

I'd retrace all your solders to identify where it deviated from your plan.

Good luck!

16 minutes ago, senzlez2 said:

0.0.4 :D something isn't right 

My pair are set up for bi-wire, so I have the straps removed.  I measure around 4 ohms on the woofer terminals and an open circuit on the tweeter terminals.

Sorry, but can you measure again with the straps removed?

I see problems on the tweeter side.  I have a feeling you don't measure an open circuit across the tweeter terminals with no straps?   I'll try to draw how it should be.  It may take a while.  In the mean time, if you read around 4 ohms on the woofer terminals without the straps you should be able to hook your amp to just the woofer terminals and see how that circuit performs.

12 hours ago, mboxler said:

My pair are set up for bi-wire, so I have the straps removed.  I measure around 4 ohms on the woofer terminals and an open circuit on the tweeter terminals.

Sorry, but can you measure again with the straps removed?

I have measured without the straps its about the same, on tweeter and woofer, I also have measured if the tweeter have open circuit wich it does I get continuity through to the terminals , I think its on the woofer circuit its something wrong for its always when bass kicks in the amp shuts down