Forte IV for small room?

Is 10' x 10' square listening room going to work for Forte IV?  I'm currently using alnico Heresy I driven by SET tubes with good results but want full range performance without the hassle of adding a sub.  Will the passive radiators at the back be an issue?  FYI, my H1's are placed around 10" from the back wall and 6" from the side walls at the moment.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

I own the Forte IV's. I need them 22inches from the backwall in my 15X20 room to avoid the bass overwhelming the room. No way in hell would I enjoy them in a 10X10 room. I like an appropriate amount of bass and am not a bass-head.  I owned the Heresy IV and I would think they would be great in a 10X10 room and wouldn't need a sub. I liked the H4 exactly 10 inches from the backwall. They will give you about 10 more hz deeper than your H1. 

I have moved my Fortes all over my room and when I put them 10 inches from the backwall the bass was overpowering. I suppose there was a certain awesomeness in a rock concert kind of way. But it wasn't something I would want to listen to for long. 

My biggest challenge after 100 hours of breaking in my Fortes was taming in the bass...in a much bigger room than yours. When I settled on EL-34 tubes in my amp with about 25 watts was the bass perfect, but I don't like bass that pummels my ear drums. If you do then you might love the Fortes in your room. 

• Like 1

My room is 11 x 14 x 9H, and I'm having a challenge getting enough bass with my Forte's.  I think you will be ok.  It depends on where you are sitting a lot of time more so than distance from the wall.  Peaks and nulls etc, amplifier sound, a lot of factors.  Mine are on the short wall powered by a A-S2100 Yamaha, 12" out and 9 ft away to where I listen.  Bass response changes as I move the seating in relation to speakers.  

13 minutes ago, Hifi72 said:

My room is 11 x 14 x 9H, and I'm having a challenge getting enough bass with my Forte' 

klipsch is releasing  a Heritage horn loaded sub ..mid 2024 for the Forte series ,  for tons of bass 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bananas and Blow said:

I own the Forte IV's. I need them 22inches from the backwall in my 15X20 room to avoid the bass overwhelming the room. No way in hell would I enjoy them in a 10X10 room. I like an appropriate amount of bass and am not a bass-head.  I owned the Heresy IV and I would think they would be great in a 10X10 room and wouldn't need a sub. I liked the H4 exactly 10 inches from the backwall. They will give you about 10 more hz deeper than your H1. 

I have moved my Fortes all over my room and when I put them 10 inches from the backwall the bass was overpowering. I suppose there was a certain awesomeness in a rock concert kind of way. But it wasn't something I would want to listen to for long. 

My biggest challenge after 100 hours of breaking in my Fortes was taming in the bass...in a much bigger room than yours. When I settled on EL-34 tubes in my amp with about 25 watts was the bass perfect, but I don't like bass that pummels my ear drums. If you do then you might love the Fortes in your room. 

Skip to 7:50 of this video. This is recommended by a Klipsch representative. 

In my video here you will notice that Upscale Audio has the Forte IV several feet from the wall and to add further insult to injury, they've added a sub. Why pull this speaker from the walls, only to lose more bass, then add a subwoofer to get bass back, it makes no sense. It defeats the purpose and any way you can avoid a sub, then avoid it.

In my next video here if you skip to 4:00 with a pair of earbuds or headsets, I have my Forte's against the wall about 10" and the bass is more audible in a good way in my opinion. Yes, it's a different room with different acoustics, but Upscale has their own dedicated listening room and others can judge for themselves. Their setup sounds nice, but I would have preferred a bit more bottom end. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...