Thrift Store vinyl treasures

When I first found this, I played it and was not really impressed. It is kind of lounge style jazz and latin beat with a few calypso like vocals. The artist plays everything from percussion, vibes, and saxophone to doing the vocals. Believe me, you are not really missing anything. I was surprised to find it was such a rarity, and the value seems to be mostly based on rarity. Collectors like to show off titles they know their friends have never seen. There is one catchy tune on there which I think DJs like to play in clubs. Ah ha, that must be it. I will probably put it up on eBay after the others that have popped up suddenly are finished. Don't want to make it seem like there is a glut.

c7s

I've been hitting the thrift stores of late. There are about 6 in my home town and about 12 within 30 minutes drive.

I haven't found anything on that level ... yet. I did manage to pickup a few Nancy Wilson's and just yesterday a Chet Baker, both for under a $1. At an Estate sale last week and scored a mint copy of Beatles Rubber Soul for $1.

I agree that the value of some stuff has little to no bearing on the sound quality, but rather supply and demand and the items rarity.

I'm with Craig .. If I didn't care for the sound much I'd have it on Ebay real fast.

Several years ago I had inhearited a small wine collection. I knew nothing about wine (at that time). I held on to them for a few years and then decided to put it up on ebay. One bottle, as I recall, sold for $800 +. I was shocked. Later I found out it was part of a collection and this was the last bottle the buyer needed to finish off the collection. He later said he would of bid double the winning bid. Go figure.

- tb