HK525 available at Costco in Phoenix???

Biggus

Is there anyone that lives near a Costco store in Phoenix, Arizona? I know somebody that will be travelling to Phoenix and may be able to pick up one of these receivers (HK525) for me. There is a Costco in my city (Sudbury, Ontario) but they do not carry any high-end receivers. The advantage is that I can return the item at the local Costco if I have any problems with the receiver.

I can buy the receiver at the local Future Shop $1499CAN (that's haggling with the salesman from $1799CAN), but I saw the receiver at Costco.com for $699US and probably save about $500CAN in the end.

Thanks for you time,

Mike

I was looking at Costco at these receviers too. Wow soo much cheaper then anywhere else. Is this too good to be true?

harman/kardon AVR 8000 7.1 Channel

5 x 110 Watt Receiver

Dolby ProLogic II

DTS-ES 6.1 Surround Sound

HDTV-Ready

$1,499.99

harman/kardon AVR 525 7.1-Channel

7 x 70 Watt Receiver

Dolby ProLogic I/II

DTS 7.1 Surround Sound

HDTV-Ready

$699.99

Thanks for checking into the 2 Costco's in Phoenix for me. It's too bad that Costco's on-line site ships to the U.S. only. 8.gif

The locations of the Costco's in Arizona can be found here:

http://www.costco.com/frameset.asp?trg=info%2Fcostconews%2Flocations%2Flocations%2Easp

It's probably a long-shot, but there seems to be two other Costco's in Phoenix:

1) North Phoenix

2) Pheonix Business Center (I highly doubt this one)

Would it be possible for you to call them for me? (it would save me the long distance charges).

Thanks again kippyieh!

Thanks for all the efforts...I really wanted to buy this receiver (HK525) from Costco, because of their great return policy and there's one located in my city. I could buy online, but most items that are shipped to Canada are handled at one point by UPS.7.gif I don't like the way they tend to handle shipping (parcel's end up looking like they've been dropped a couple flight of stairs, if you know what I mean). The second thing is "brokerage fee's" at the customs office. They can be pretty steep and add to the price.

I can always try to get my brother's friend who can order the HK525 from Costco.com (since he lives in Phoenix - actually he plays for the Coyote's) and when my brother goes down in February, he can bring it back for me. Decisions, decisions....

I also went to another local Audio Dealer who sells NAD (specifically T762 model) equipment, and from what I read on Audioreviews.com they sound better than HK? -I need to make some quick decisions if I go with the HK525.6.gif

I'm going to go with a price match ($699US) at Circuit City in Phoenix. I could perhaps get another RC3-II (for rear center - I have four RF3-II for fronts and rears) while I have the opportunity. Anyone know of any Klipsh dealers (in Pheonix) with deals on the RC3-II center?

To make it worthwhile it would have to be priced less than $250US and (I've read in this forum that other people have picked up an RC3-II for $219US at an e-tailer).