Finally Got Pictures.

toddvj

I've been wanting to post Pictures for a while now, and I am finally getting somewhat caught up on this techonogy thing. I still don't know how to post more than one pic at a time, if anyone could help, I'd be glad to edit my post. This is my system of RF-7's, RC-7, and 2 RSW-15's. The TV is a Panasonic CT-34WX50. What you can't see is My rears (RS-3's) and my rear sub pair (Infinity IL-100s x2). I use all Monster cable (mostly Z-Series) to hook all this up.

post-4951-13819246198628_thumb.jpg

thats an awsome system, though I might sujest stacking the RSW-15's in the same corner (on the left). this will get rid of any cancelatin that might occur, free up some space on the wall so you can spread the rest of the system out a little, and will also increase the power of the bass because you gain 3 db of volume per reflecting surface for bass. but otherwise, great system, I only have one RSW-15, but I would ultimatly like to have 4.

You guys are quick, I wasn't even done uploading my pics and I had 2 replies. ProDj, If I stacked the subs, it wouldn't look as cool1.gif , plus I feel I get a more balanced sound by having a left and right sub, I always felt more pressure from the left when I just had the one RSW-15, I have carefully balanced the two subs to put out the same Level of sound. Michael, Do I Need two? No, but I do think it sounds better, and I've never been one to do things Half-Assed2.gif You're right, though, it is a small room, which is why I don't have room for a decent audio rack. That picture is my whole wall! To Prove I don't do anything on a small scale, check out this pic of my DVD collection.

post-4951-13819246200958_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 1/26/2003 2:39:30 AM prodj101 wrote:

also, doesn't that equpiment get a little warm all crammed in there?

----------------

Yeah, I had to get kind of creative with the stacking. I put the Tivo on top of the receiver because I figure it can take the heat, the Tivo doesn't give off much heat, but the internal temperature is fairly warm, and I can monitor that with the onscreen menu of the TiVo. The only other piece that gets hot is the Samsung Box--It gets HOT!! That's why it is on top, even though I think it would look better below the VCR. What you dont see is that there is quite a bit of space between the top of the unit and the underside of the top of the stand, so hopefully it will be Okay. The one thing I worry about is damaging the VCR unerneath the Sammy HD box.

All I gotta say is if you're happy with your setup, then I'm happy! You know your limited space, and you've arranged your gear as best as you can for the amount of room you have, so I'm not gonna harp on you for putting this here or setting that up there. If you like it the way it is, then that's all that matters! You have great equipment, and your horns are sweet! Bravo on your two subs...HT can never have enough bass!

Aww man, your setup just totally rocks and it has me rethinking the potential of my room. I have a few questions, if you don't mind...

How wide is the wall behind the goods?

Do you enjoy the RF-7s like that? I was thinking that they would be too big for my room, but it seems that we're not too far off (my wall is 12ft wide).

I see you have a 34in direct view. I have a sony 34in. Does your TV seem to handle the RC-7 fine? I was worried about it being too heavy for the TV, and I still plan on laying down a strip of Dynamat to lower vibration to the TV.

How long is your room?

Thanks!

I can't answer the questions about his room, however I'm pretty confident in saying that you don't need to worry about the RC-7 crushing your tv. I plan on throwing one on my tv eventually, and I only have a 24 inch sony flatscreen. But at any rate, his wall looks to be about 10 feet wide. The only problems I could see with it being set up is that the RF-7's don't have that much room to breath.

----------------

On 2/3/2003 3:20:05 AM michael hurd wrote:

jt1 stcav : not just two subs, I reread his post. He has two rsw-15's on the front wall and two infinity IL-100 subs on the rear wall !!!

----------------

Man, you are right...he does have 4 subs...sheeeeoout! 9.gif

Lincolns Wax, My room is very small, but I don't think the speakers are too big for the room. I LOVE my RF-7's and My Dual RSW-15's, they sound great in my room, loud as hell if I want it to be, but yet still very detailed. I wouldn't discourage anyone from picking up a set, no matter what size room. My wall is exactly the length you see in the picture, by the left sub is the wall, and by the right sub is the doorway. I'd estimate probably 9-10 feet wide. I originally had the subs on the inside and the speakers on the outside, but it didn't look as good. I sit about 7-8 feet away from the TV, I'd say the total room size is about 9ft. by 12ft., give or take.

Mike Hurd and JT1, Yep, four subs, and I LOVE it, sounds awesome, I don't have pics that I can upload, but maybe someday I will post them. I even have a sub out on the porch for my little indoor/outdoor speakers, so I guess you can say I agree, the more bass the better!!!

To everyone else, yeah I'd like to have a decent audio rack, but just don't have the space, my stuff is okay so far, so hopefully it will continue to be alright. If they'd hurry up and come out with the HD Tivo, I'd save a lot of room. I've toyed with the idea of putting some of the stuff on top of one or both of the subs, but I don't know if that is the greatest idea either. I am going to be getting a new receiver (Denon AVR-4802) within the next couple weeks and will probably toy around with some other arrangements at that time. Thanks for all the comments.