How do the terminals on RP600 II work?

Hynes

Alright first off I am extremely new to this industry, sorry in advance for the silly questions. I am looking forward to buying a pair of RP600 II's and a RP1400SW. Now heres where I got confused.

1) spacer.png 

These are the terminals on the bookshelf speakers, Usually I have seen 2 terminals (+), (-) for passive speakers. Here, there are 4 terminals. I can see 2 (+)'s and 2 (-)'s. I am guessing they are separate for the tweeter and the sub. So do I need a Y splitter to give power to the 2? Since I am intending to use this amp: Fosi Audio BL20C which has 2 outputs (left & right) and a sub out. If a Y splitter is not needed then which of these terminals do I connect to the "L" or "H"?

2) As mentioned above, I intend to use that amp but its rated for 160W for each channel and in the spec sheet the RP600's are rated for 100W constantly only, so I am afraid I might burnt the coils since the amp does not have a screen to tell me how many watts its outputting. Will they be fine at max volume or should I get a different amp? Also I am open to any amp suggestions as long as its about $500 and compact, since this is not for a home theatre but a desktop setup. I need to amp to sit on the desk without taking up too much space. But if other big amps are good I won't mind as long as I am not destroying the speakers in anyway. Also a LFE output from the amp would be nice since the RP1400SW support that.
spacer.pngThis is the amp output. Also the sub out is just a Y split to the L & R on the RP1400SW right?

Thats about it, thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Leave the jumpers in place. Connect your speaker leads to EITHER the L or the H connections; the jumpers will send the audio to the proper section of the crossover.

You're using the speakers in a desktop system. There's no way you're going to over drive them to damage regardless of the amp's capabilities. You're just not going to play them that loud with a desktop system. Don't sweat it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hynes said:

Thanks for the kind responses! I get it that I cannot overdrive the amp, what about the subwoofer is that amp good enough to drive these speakers?

You have a powered sub you are buying. Uses no amp power. Sub just receives the sub signal from source.

2 minutes ago, Hynes said:

So the two channels go into the two speakers, the subout goes to the LFE on the back?

No, the speaker wires go into each speaker. RCA cable is not speaker wire for your purpose.

It will be used to input your source or sources.

• Like 1

Got it, well as OO1 recommended I will use Yamaha A-S501 85W. So it seems to have 4 pairs of terminals, connect two of those the the rp600 and the subout to the back of image.png.3e2146709dcb17acefd15c990fd1b384.pngthe L/LFE as in the picture. Thats all right?81aMAfsuMWL._AC_SL1500_.jpgAlso what up with the random ground connection at the back

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hynes said:

Got it, well as OO1 recommended I will use Yamaha A-S501 85W. So it seems to have 4 pairs of terminals, connect two of those the the rp600 and the subout to the back of image.png.3e2146709dcb17acefd15c990fd1b384.pngthe L/LFE as in the picture. Thats all right?81aMAfsuMWL._AC_SL1500_.jpgAlso what up with the random ground connection at the back

Like your final choice. Now with more inputs for source and phono, should be straight forward with hookup and eliminate any splitter. Let us know.