New to forum help, service my KSP400 sub amp

KSP400 guy

I am brand new to the forum and have owned these speakers for many years.  Like many others on this forum I love them.  If you own them you know about the sub plate amp issues.  I have had them repaired 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years.  The shop that did the repairs no longer exists.  I had read on this forum about a tech service on eBay.  Can someone tell me if they are reputable or have another service tech company you can recommend please.  The one I looked at on eBay last night is I.A. Electronics in Indy Indiana. There email is WWW.iaelectronics.com/home.html.  I know this is an old topic but I need some good advice please.  I live in central Florida and do not have any good leads on a proper repair shop.  Thank you in advance...  Johnny D 

Hi Billy bob.  I found out about a place in Tampa that will work on my DD40 Micro seiki turntable and the KSP400 plate amp.  They have good reviews and its only a 2 hour trip from my house.  I have an appointment with them next week to drop off my units.  I will let you all know how i make out.  

PS - the name of the company is Sound tech Inc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KSP400 guy said:

Hi Billy bob.  I found out about a place in Tampa that will work on my DD40 Micro seiki turntable and the KSP400 plate amp.  They have good reviews and its only a 2 hour trip from my house.  I have an appointment with them next week to drop off my units.  I will let you all know how i make out.  

PS - the name of the company is Sound tech Inc. 

Sounds good. Used to use techs down in Tampa for audio/video. TT a nice one.

Thanks and yes, let us know.

Hello all KSP400 owners.  I am happy to see many people own these speakers.  As I mentioned a few minutes ago I found a place to repair the plate amp and will let you all know how I make out.  Just in case, has anyone tried to replace the stock KSP400 plate amp with an aftermarket amp ?  If so what amp did you use, how did you hook it up and what were the results.  I have grown tired of repairing the stock amps.  Thanks in advance.  Johnny D 

• Like 1

a replacement amplifier for the KSP -400 would have to power a 15 inch subwoofer +  the drivers  ,  you could turn the powered speakers into  a passive speaker with a crossover    , but   you would need to   power the subwoofers  separately .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 11/19/2023 at 11:53 AM, KSP400 guy said:

Hello all KSP400 owners.  I am happy to see many people own these speakers.  As I mentioned a few minutes ago I found a place to repair the plate amp and will let you all know how I make out.  Just in case, has anyone tried to replace the stock KSP400 plate amp with an aftermarket amp ?  If so what amp did you use, how did you hook it up and what were the results.  I have grown tired of repairing the stock amps.  Thanks in advance.  Johnny D 

If you search KSP 400 in the search you will find several folks ended up bypassing the amps all together with good results.

Travis

• Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 12:53 PM, KSP400 guy said:

from what I read on the forum , the repairs to these amps  are pretty straight forward but there are no feedbacks as to how long the repairs lasted or if there were any come backs

• 2 weeks later...