Dayton turntable

henry4841

Looks decent for the money. I just wish they would omit the bluetooth and USB and put that $$ towards improving what a TT is supposed to do. Spin records. 

But then it probably wouldn't appeal to the demographic they are trying to reach. The mainstream Joe Public and the younger generation. Both of whom have never owned anything other than an iphone for music.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Looks decent for the money. I just wish they would omit the bluetooth and USB and put that $$ towards improving what a TT is supposed to do. Spin records. 

But then it probably wouldn't appeal to the demographic they are trying to reach. The mainstream Joe Public and the younger generation. Both of whom have never owned anything other than an iphone for music.

Yes, this is the generation. I also think it's a serious TT. But most buyers have never experienced analogue and they won't with this TT if they are comfortable using the bluetooth output. Good that there is an analogue rca output, but not without preamplification or did I read that wrong?
Because if you have a nice vintage receiver you would get more beautiful sound if you use its own phono mm input.

11 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Like yourself, I do not care for bluetooth or usb but both are something many would consider necessary before considering purchasing a turntable. I gave receivers to my grandkids in college and the first thing after speakers they bought was bluetooth where they can stream from their phone. Chinese I am sure but most electronics are these days.