1st time home theatre buyer! need some help

Sujit

Well technically not 1st time, got a 15 year old Bose lifestyle in my family room but looking one for Atmos dolby for my walkout basement.  Interested for a great deal for a 7 channel. The options in the Klipsch website is little overwhelming. i want to invest something that i can leave with for sometime but no appetite to go beyond $2500 ish budget including receiver. Some basic questions and any guidance picking the right system for the ongoing black friday deals

• Is there any basic naming convention guide to know which ones are latest & greatest technology? e.g. what is diff between R-820 F Vs. R-806 FA.  What is F Vs. FA naming convention
  • How bad is Reference Version from the Reference Premier? Does one go with a particular room setup or paying extra from premier i am not going to get the value with drop ceiling and windows/door room setting with my walk-out basement?
  • I got a drop ceiling, should i prefer in-built atmos speakers in towers or separate angling speakers from the wall?

Appreciate your guidance!

FA means there is an Atmos module built in the top.  Not worth it in my opinion.  The “ceiling bounce” does virtually nothing compared to a true Atmos setup with in-ceiling or height speakers.

The Reference Premiere is a step up from Reference, but truthfully if you’re used to Bose anything from Klipsch will sound significantly better.

I would budget $2,000 for all speakers and $500 for the receiver.  It’s a great time to buy, Klipsch has some awesome sales going on right now.

• Like 1

thanks. Got 2 R820F, 4 R41SA, 2 R51M and 1R34C..Should i get 1 or 2 R120SW subwoofers for a 500 sqft basement area? also for receiver i have to go for 9chanel .right?

Any recommendation..Onkyo vs Denon? Does it make much diff with any brand/model? it seems they all provide similar functionalities e.g. Onkyo TX-NR7100 Vs TX-RZ50?

Two subwoofers are always better than one.

Yes, you’ll need a receiver that can process 9 channels of amplification.  Just realize that some 9 channel receivers only amplify 7 channels and you’ll need a separate amplifier for the remaining 2 channels.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Two subwoofers are always better than one.

Yes, you’ll need a receiver that can process 9 channels of amplification.  Just realize that some 9 channel receivers only amplify 7 channels and you’ll need a separate amplifier for the remaining 2 channels.

Does any AVRs in the $500 range even have pre-outs? 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Does any AVRs in the $500 range even have pre-outs? 

Depends on new or used.  My best friend gifted me my Sony receiver that decodes 9.2 but has pre-outs for 2 of the 9 channels.  I know he paid $500 or less.