Need pro suggestion: RF-82 II vs R-820F, which one to buy?

Soisson

I have a headache question: There are two used speakers, both are in mint condition, they are RF-82 II and R-820F. Price are almost the same, around CAD $600.

By looking into the specs, they are almost the same. So I just lost.

I would like some pro suggestion about which one to buy? I already did some research, but it makes more confused. And I searched this forum as well, didn't find help topic.

I need to make my decision before Saturday, 11/25.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Soisson said:

I have a headache question: There are two used speakers, both are in mint condition, they are RF-82 II and R-820F. Price are almost the same, around CAD $600.

By looking into the specs, they are almost the same. So I just lost.

I would like some pro suggestion about which one to buy? I already did some research, but it makes more confused. And I searched this forum as well, didn't find help topic.

I need to make my decision before Saturday, 11/25.

Thank you very much.

Welcome @Soisson

The newer one is the better choice, in this case, the 820...

I would wait, the R line is pretty cheap sounding, their RP line is much better. 

If you absolutely must buy one of the two at the moment, then I would go with the RF-82 II's over the R-820F.  I haven't hear them side by side, but I've owned several RF-82's and they are not bad once you set them up and get them EQ'd properly.  I was not impressed with their R lines after hearing a couple of them recently.

Overall, I would look for different speakers for what your intended use is...  depending on your budget, there may be better options for used speakers out there.

15 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

I would wait, the R line is pretty cheap sounding, their RP line is much better. 

If you absolutely must buy one of the two at the moment, then I would go with the RF-82 II's over the R-820F.  I haven't hear them side by side, but I've owned several RF-82's and they are not bad once you set them up and get them EQ'd properly.  I was not impressed with their R lines after hearing a couple of them recently.

Overall, I would look for different speakers for what your intended use is...  depending on your budget, there may be better options for used speakers out there.

I'm absolutely agree with your thought, that the RP is better then R line. 
My problem is the budget concern, the RP-280F is asking CAD $1000-1100 average, and the RP-8000II is asking CAD $1500-1700 average in the market. The RF-82II, I thought, should be somewhere around CAD $400, but asking around CAD $600. It's a little too much. Don't feel comfortable.

I'm thinking to have one for now, and keep looking to find a ideal RP-280F. 

• Like 1