Denon AVRX-4800h and Klipsch speakers

Michelle McMullin

I bought a Denon AVR-X4800H AVR and Klipsch Dolby Atmos speakers. I also already have some basic RCA speakers in a couple of other rooms. I attached the Klipsch speakers in the Family room with an LG Smart TV and also a Blu-Ray disc player that we use occasionally.
Some problems I’m encountering: I set the speakers up as follows - Two large front floor speakers with Dolby Atmos surround sound speakers on top of them. A center speaker, and a Subwoofer. I have surround sound speakers in two rear bookshelf speakers that I have put above and just behind us. They all work. I attached the Dolby Atmos speakers to the terminal labeled Height 1 & 2 and speakers that are in the Master bedroom are attached to the terminal labeled Height 2 1&2.
The test indicates that they work but I cannot get the Audessy microphone thing to work as I don’t have side surround sound speakers, only rear surround sound speakers (it would be a nightmare to wire up for side speakers). If I indicate I don’t have side surround sound speakers then it removes the rear surround sound speakers…but the audessy doesn’t end up working because it thinks I have side speakers and I don’t. Also, I don’t understand how to get music to go to just the Master Bedroom. I currently have it set up for 7.1 + zone 3 but it doesn’t seem to acknowledge zone 3 speakers at all, even though in testing I hear the white noise coming from them.
What am I doing wrong?

There might be someone around here with an answer, but I would encourage you to reach out to Denon's support or see if there are some support forums for Denon audio.  The speakers are fine, it sounds like a limitation of the processor programming which isn't something anyone can really do anything about.

2 hours ago, babadono said:

I dunno...tell the AVR the rear speakers are side surrounds? Can't hurt to try...or can it?...its impossible ,we'll all be killed.

This is correct.  ⬆️  Just set them to surrounds or side surrounds in your menu.