First Watt Sit-3

Silverfoxvtx1800

I was not aware there was going to be a SIT-4 from Firstwatt. Last I heard Nelson's stock of SIT's that he had produced were depleted.  Is there going to be a new product using NOS V-fets from the 70's? I know of no company producing static induction transistors for the public. My understanding is they are still being produced strictly for the military though. There was a rich guy producing SIT's in Japan before the tsunami but his factory was destroyed. From Firstwatt's webpage.  https://firstwatt.com/wattsnew.html

Watt's New?

2/5/23

FW Product availability:

As we run low on the SemiSouth SiC Jfets and SITs without replacements, we are

discontinuing the F8 and SIT-3. F7 is still available, and new product is under development.

4 hours ago, Silverfoxvtx1800 said:

I googled and found the same site and was going to post the link but you beat me to it. New to me and thanks for letting us know.

There is a lot of activity of members at diyaudio.com building amplifiers using those Tokin SIT's but I have not been following the threads having both the PP and SE version of a SIT amplifier. The transistors alone are selling for $100+ on Ebay. I also did not know Nelson was sitting of enough of the Tokin's to offer a production SIT-4. Sneaky grey headed fox. The SIT transistors he had made for $300,000 years ago are no longer being produced. The company closed.  These SIT amplifiers by Nelson Pass are destined to be a classic desirable amplifier 20, 30+ years from now. He is one of a kind. He will service any amplifier made by him at a minimal cost after the warranty has expired. Even the old Threshold amplifiers or yesteryear. Transistors made 50 years ago are in demand and work as when produced.