Sold!! Klipsch La Scala Split Fiberglass

nickyboy6100

• nickyboy6100 changed the title to Sold!! Klipsch La Scala Split Fiberglass
24 minutes ago, Friendlyviper said:

So Jazzed that We are getting these, but knowing that you worked them makes them even more special---see you soon...and if Kerry has his way...another full car trailer.🤨

I don’t think you can have a more grand entrance than you did last time. 😆

On 12/29/2023 at 6:57 PM, irwinmainway said:

I lucked into a beautiful pair of these a couple of months ago and they are simply stunning. Are they hard to crack open? I'd eventually like to check the crossovers without causing damage to the trim and plywood. They sound amazing and I only have them hooked up to a Pioneer SX-780. Also, I see yours have badges below the tweeter, while these have the logo painted on.

lsi splits.jpeg

I somehow missed your post. Some of the splits came with badges, some were painted. My other pair of split are painted, but they are not fiberglass. 
As far as getting in to check the crossovers, the easiest way is to take off the handle. It should unscrew easily and just pop out. From there you can access the crossover. It should be located on the opposite side of the cabinet, just left of the input. Space is very tight inside there. If you need to actually work on anything, best to pull the horn, tweeter and motor board off from the front. It all will come off together. Don’t remove the horn or tweeter from the motor board.  At that point, you can remove the 6 screws (3 on each side) on the motor board and pull the guts out from the front. Be sure to unhook all drivers from the crossover and label the wires before pulling everything out. Btw, those are beautiful!

8 hours ago, nickyboy6100 said:

I somehow missed your post. Some of the splits came with badges, some were painted. My other pair of split are painted, but they are not fiberglass. 
As far as getting in to check the crossovers, the easiest way is to take off the handle. It should unscrew easily and just pop out. From there you can access the crossover. It should be located on the opposite side of the cabinet, just left of the input. Space is very tight inside there. If you need to actually work on anything, best to pull the horn, tweeter and motor board off from the front. It all will come off together. Don’t remove the horn or tweeter from the motor board.  At that point, you can remove the 6 screws (3 on each side) on the motor board and pull the guts out from the front. Be sure to unhook all drivers from the crossover and label the wires before pulling everything out. Btw, those are beautiful!

Thanks for the advice and congrats on the sale! I'm new here so my post had to be approved, so that's why you didn't see it. These LSI's are not fiberglass either. I'm probably not going to open them anytime soon, but good to know that it is possible without causing too many issues. I really like them a lot, and they have made me fall in love with my music collection all over again. But if I could get 3K out of them, I'd have a hard decision to make.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

So It's been a while since we drove to pick up these beauties.  And I must say I am still over the moon at these.  Nickyboy6100 has done it again...fantastic job of 'retro-modding'.   

It was so nice to spend a little time and visit and hear these babies sing.  You are da man!

Of course after Kerry heard the Tidal difference--we are now subscribers to the top line and...he bought a dedicated streamer- he choose the DM-A6.  Loves it- and through these I am hearing nuances in the original mixes I have never heard. It is amazing.  Now I am researching a new cartridge for the turntable and an ultrasonic cleaner....Yes it never really ends.  

Thank You so very much for parting ways with these- I know you had planned to use them, which makes them all that much more special.  We hear the love you put into them every time they are singing their highs, mids, and lows. 

Our neighbors are enjoying them too....

So to all those who didn't think these were really sold--I thank Nickyboy6100 for keeping his word and storing them until such time we could get away and pick them up.

Oh and P.S -----GIRL SCOUT COOKIES RULE!

current.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/21/2024 at 3:27 PM, Friendlyviper said:

So It's been a while since we drove to pick up these beauties.  And I must say I am still over the moon at these.  Nickyboy6100 has done it again...fantastic job of 'retro-modding'.   

It was so nice to spend a little time and visit and hear these babies sing.  You are da man!

Of course after Kerry heard the Tidal difference--we are now subscribers to the top line and...he bought a dedicated streamer- he choose the DM-A6.  Loves it- and through these I am hearing nuances in the original mixes I have never heard. It is amazing.  Now I am researching a new cartridge for the turntable and an ultrasonic cleaner....Yes it never really ends.  

Thank You so very much for parting ways with these- I know you had planned to use them, which makes them all that much more special.  We hear the love you put into them every time they are singing their highs, mids, and lows. 

Our neighbors are enjoying them too....

So to all those who didn't think these were really sold--I thank Nickyboy6100 for keeping his word and storing them until such time we could get away and pick them up.

Oh and P.S -----GIRL SCOUT COOKIES RULE!

current.jpg

It’s nice to know there are still really cool people out there that are just as excited about Klipsch speakers as I am. I really should have held onto those. The only other pair I’ve seen in that good of shape, are the set that I listen to daily. You two deserve them though. I really couldn’t imagine them going to anyone better or more deserving than you guys. You are welcome at my place anytime and I hope you come sometime just to chill and listen to some good music. I owe you dinner.  Thanks again Cheryl. 

• Like 2