Cornwall CD-BR

A big thanks for letting me join the forum.

Sadly my Father recently passed away and the family has been trying to decide what to do with all his beautiful stereo equipment.

I have a set of Cornwalls that i believe he purchased new in 1976....CD-BR 7N289 and 7N290.

They have actually sat unused probably since the mid 80's.....never opened up or modified.....completely original. I did hook them up to the Pioneer SA9100 a few weeks ago and they still sound beautiful to me.

Am just looking for any feedback on them and what they might be worth .

Thanks

Chris

20230702_161817.jpg

20230702_161843.jpg

• Like 1

My Dad recently passed away as well, very sorry for your loss.

That being said, if my Dad left me anything like that the last thing I’d be doing is having even the slightest thought of selling them.

• Like 1

I will echo Mark's comment  @wuzzzer , these 1975 Cornwall Decorators  represent more than money   , given the condition  1500-2k$ , 1 question , where are the klipsch badges , are they stapled in a plastic bag on the side of the speakers  

Thanks for the replies guys,

I haven't seen the klipsch badges. I'm sure they are around ; he kept all the manuals and records for all his equipment. 

I definitely do agree with both of you that they represent way more than any amount of money . 

Would love to keep them but my apartment is too small for them to get proper use and my mother just wants something to be done with all the equipment. 

All the equipment is in their home at the moment. There is a set of KEF reference series 107’s with the cube , plus multiple amps , turntables and 3200 classical records. 

He was a real connoisseur of HI FI equipment and music.

Nothing is cast in stone, just looking at options and opinions and i will definitely be keeping some of the equipment for myself in his memory. 

Really appreciate the input and am going to consider all advice and ideas you guys can provided....maybe ill end up finishing the cornwalls off if I can find a way to keep them in my place. 

Thanks again

Chris

Edited by Speedbird84

On 1/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, Speedbird84 said:

Sadly my Father recently passed away and the family has been trying to decide what to do with all his beautiful stereo equipment.

I have a set of Cornwalls that i believe he purchased new in 1976....CD-BR 7N289 and 7N290.

They have actually sat unused probably since the mid 80's.....never opened up or modified.....completely original. I did hook them up to the Pioneer SA9100 a few weeks ago and they still sound beautiful to me.

Thanks

Chris

These prices are a little dated, but close.  I would classify the plain, decorator version as grade C. 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2021-08.xlsx

On 1/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, Speedbird84 said:

Thanks

Chris

20230702_161817.jpg

20230702_161843.jpg

Chris - where are you located?