Just bought a pair of Chorus II and now what???

Mike16w

I just bought a 1990 pair of Chorus II speakers and they sound great. This is the first time I have used horn speakers. I am still playing around with the setup but I was wondering if there is any mods/upgrades for these speakers? Dampening, crossover changes, cap changes. Just can't leave well enought alone. Thanks for any advise.

Mike

Try a search under "odds and mods" or "updating older speakers" under ChorusII. Congratulations on your purchase, btw. You will find many camps here - the solid state vs. tube amps, home theater vs. 2-channel. There are many folks on this board that have very good advise on equipment, placement options, etc. Crossover guru Al Klappenberger might have something up his sleeve. Hdbr - for refinishing and construction questions, and general knowledge.

For now just leave them alone. Also, set all your tone controls (and EQ if any) to flat. No negative and no positive. At first it may sound like ickk but after a while it gets better.

After you have a good feel for what they sound like and decide your not totally satisfied; THEN you can start playing around with'em.

I rewired the insides of my KLF20's with some pretty good results, but that's all opinion.