Need Suggestions For KLF-30 Surrounds

RoyMcKie

Looking for advice on what surrounds would compliment my KLF-30's. Missed out on KSP-S6's on ebay, and don't have room or funds for more KLF-30's. Klipsch has yet to reply with suggestions, so I thought I would ask the wise one's here. I understand the timbre issue, but if I am unable to find KSP-S6's, I need the next best thing.

I know this is a timbre mismatch, but I did it anyway, and I love it! I used a pair of Heresys as my surrounds. They're perfect sized, and if you can add a touch of bottom end, they will match up with the 30s quite nicely. This is my opinion of course; please try to audition the rig yourself before you sink money into a pair of Heresys!!

OK, you're probably going to think I'm crazy, but I think the next best thing to KLF-30's for surrounds is...SB2's. Short of two more KLF-30's (or maybe 20's or 10's), IMO, nothing is going to be that great. I have KLF-20 mains. Some day perhaps I will have the room and money for a KLF-20 center and KLF-20 rears. Until then, I'm using a C-7 center and SB-2 rears. My reasoning: IMO the SB-2's match better with my KLF-20s than the Reference series surrounds, the SB-2s perform about as well for rear surround as anything else I've tried (and I've tried quite a few speakers looking for a good match, including the KSP-S6's), they great-sounding little speakers, they are affordable, and I'll have a better chance of re-using them down the road when I upgrade (good bookshelf speakers could go in the kitchen, office, etc.). Yes KSP-S6's or something else might be better, but not enough, to me, to justify the much higher cost. So I say forget the KSP-S6's and save yourself the money, unless that's not a concern.

KLF 20 rears would be great....and I know where you can get some!

Actually, I am about to post my pair of like new Black KLF 20s if anyone is interested. I also have the matching KLF C7 but I believe it is sold already. Let me know if anyone is interested. I have bought and sold from this forum before and definitely wanted to make my 20s available to someone who knows/appreciates and respects the Klipsh product.

Scott

Actually, Keith, I thought they recomended the RS-7s.

I might be wrong though. I use a pair of KSP-S6s and

they work great. There is a pair on E-bay right now.

BTW I just got an Academy off of E-bay so I am selling

my KLF-C7 if anyone is interested. I am going to

use a pair of Fortes for my mains and sell my KLF-20s as

well.

Keith - Would you happen to have any alternate phone numbers for Trey? Each time I call, I try a different department at the automated answering system at Klipsch, just trying to get a human voise. I never have the ability to wait for more than about 10 minutes while at work.

On the KLF 10's Klipsch matched them with the KSF S5's.

The KLF 20-30's were paired with the S6's.

I have 10's and 30's and I use the KSF S5s'

I would guess that the RS 7's wouldn't be a great timbre match but their great efficiency would be a big plus.

i use the ksp-s6's (THANKS KEITH :) )

i chose them over the rs7 because they point toward my sweet spot w/the front drivers, and bounce sound off the rear w/the rear drivers. if they could have been beside me i may have chosem the rs-7's, but i am VERY happy w/the s-6's. i 'simulate' a rear center surround w/6.1 dvd's by using 'virtual matrix 6.1' setting on my 777ES receiver, and it sounds like there is one!

both music and movies sound GREAT w/these surrounds.

avman.