Need help on replacing tweeter on ‘82 KHorn

Thuan98

Hi all,

I try to upgrade my existing K77M tweeter with SMAHL DE120

Upon looking inside, I see that I can access to 2 bottom screws of the tweeter, but the top 2 screws seem to be blocked by the top brace cross bar.

If you’ve done this task, could you let me know how to remove the top 2 screws or any other ways to do so?

TIA

Edited by Thuan98
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thuan98 said:

I see that I can access to 2 bottom screws of the tweeter, but the top 2 screws seem to be blocked by the top brace cross bar.

Remove the screws at the top of the 2 vertical rear supports. Next remove the screws (2 on each side) that attach the side panels to the underside of the top panel. Lift off the entire top panel and you will have a wide open space. Do NOT mix up the 6 screws, as 2 of them may be longer than the other 4 screws.

Just to acknowledge my awareness that the Klipsch forum does not permit open discussions about modifications to Klipsch speakers, the procedure to remove the top panel would be applicable to anyone who needs to easily repair their original K-77 tweeter in a K-horn.

• Haha 1

Thanks sir for your suggestion. I was thinking about drill a hole thru cross bar. Hole big enough and precisely on “top” of the screw head so screwdrive shaft can fit thru.

Will study to see which way is easier to execute 😁

I just take a look at the portion you mentioned. I first thought the top was glued to the sides. If not then remove six screws should be easy to handle.

Now I have to wait for DaveA’’s SMAHL DE120 to restock.

Thank you sir

Edited by Thuan98
Add more info