Which speakers for home theater (rp-504c ii)? 600m or 8000f?

Aarcho

Hi.
I have now Klipsch rp-504c ii and two rp-51m speakers. I will put 51m to the back and i will then need two front speakers. Which two would you suggest? Im thinking on rp-8000f ii ? with sub? or will be better rp-600m with sub?  which sub-r-120sw or  150 sw or rp-1000sw?? or some other speakers? maybe some Klipsch Henesy?
i like stand speakers but would go with bookshelf if that would be better sound.

Thank you for reply.
Edited by Aarcho

• Aarcho changed the title to Which speakers for home theater (rp-504c ii)? 600m or 8000f?

Hey for my setup most recently even though I have owned clips for many decades starting with a pair of heresies back in 1973 going through and up to the klf 20s when I finally decided to put together a 5.1 system many years ago I used the klf20 for each and every channel... It was Grand carnival time in the house.. listening to let's say Mike Oldfield the exposed album or on the other side of the street Masters of reality Masters of reality Chris glasses first release with that band.. and I've never owned subs.. at least not yet so what I did recently was to purchase six pair of the 600m Mark II.. which I am using for all of my channels except for right left center.. I'm using the 625 Dolby Atmos towers for the front RLC... In a room which is very large with 12 ft ceilings. And I got to tell you it sounds freaking great.. I have heard the 8, 000f and in my opinion it's just a much larger tall speaker for about the same price even lower in price for a pair then the price of the 600m V2.. I like a lot of DB in my house.. and I'm driving all of this with the emotiva 11 channel power amplifier most recent model in the basX series.. the reason why I bought the 11 channel is that you can always expand with it you don't need to use all the channels channels at one time you can only use a couple or all of them at once it's your choice it's better to buy an amplifier with more connections that you need in case you want to expand over time.. I understand that it's all about you it's all about what you think of the speakers and if you have the chance to audition the.     600 mv2.. then by all means feel free if you going to use those bookshelf speakers which are really fine pieces.. I must also suggest that your front right left speakers should be towers, and the 8,000 F Mark II will fit that bill very well..

It's the best advice I can give based on my experience.. using listening and enjoying clips speakers since 1973 on a budget sure you could spend more but why would you. Klipsch does have a particular sound to them and they do Rock the casbah.. as well as listening to orchestral and acoustical guitar or piano. This setup I have is very crystal clear and very present and I enjoy that.. it's kind of like going back to the day when you go see the artists live.. and hopefully you had seats somewhere in the center of the arena not so far from the front of the stage but not so far back that the crowd is annoying.. best luck in your decisions because as everyone knows clips will last you many many years of high-end enjoyment sonics,.

I think floorstanders are overkill if you're going to use a sub. Floorstanders make sense to me mostly

in a 2-channel music application where you're looking for full-range reproduction in a convenient,

no-sub configuration. Adding sub to floorstanders is merely icing on the cake.

Since it sounds like your intended application is movies, I'd say get bookshelf speakers and a sub.

The size of the subwoofer is dictated by the available space to place it, how much volume it is

needed to fill sound-wise, and your budget. Bigger is always better as long as you can afford it.

• 3 weeks later...

The people who are saying that floor standing speakers are overkill for home theater either haven’t turned it up loud enough or don’t have a receiver that does a competent job of placing spacial sounds. The floor speakers produce a wider frequency range and beautifully reproduce instruments with better stereo effect, but also make a huge difference in making the sounds in a movie equipped with atmos actually sound like they are coming from a particular direction. For this reason, I have two RP-8060FA 2s as my L&R, a Rp-404c2. I also opted for four pro-180rpc in ceiling speakers for rear surround and overhead atmos because the 8” woofer allows for a much greater bass response. None of that matters though, unless your AVR does a good job of spacial audio placement. Sonys new ES series receivers do a job of that that is incomparable at the moment. 

Bookshelf speakers can have placement problems and need a stand.  A good sturdy stand adds cost kind of equal to a tower speaker, lol.  I use a sub with towers because to get the best bass, the sub can be moved around for the best bass and the mains don't have that kind of flexibility.  

There are great HT's with bookshelf speakers, towers or a mixture of both.  Implementation is key.

• Like 1