Need help on selection of Inductors

Mike16w

I have a pair of Chorus II speakers that I would like to upgrade the cross over in. The inductors listed are 3.5, 1.75mH and a 160uf. The only place I have been able to find these values in with North Creek Music. I understand the Alpha Core inductors are suppose to be the best but they do not come in these values. Should I go with the North Creek inductors or special order them from Alpha Core?

Thanks

Mike

Something often overlooked is the DCR. This is the resistance spec of the inductor. It is actually as important as the inductance value in the circuit. Changing out the inductors will change the overall resistance of the circuit. This isn't necessarily a good thing. I say if you can't find an EXACT match of inductance AND DCR for the squawker and/or tweeter -- leave well enough alone. You can change the inductor for the woofer, and if the new inductor has a lower DCR than the original -- you can expect a 2b increase in woofer output.

http://www.madisound.com