Integrated amplifier for vinyl

Abomb

Does anyone have any recommendations for an integrated amplifier for primarily spinning vinyl? I'm running a Fluance RT85 and will be running the Heresy IV's with a Schitt Mani 2. I would like it to have Bluetooth capability and obviously a phono input. Right now I'm running a Dayton Audio HTA200. I know. I know...it's what I could afford at the time. My Son can't wait for me to give it to him. Don't get me wrong...it does get the job done and actually doesn't sound bad on the current speakers I'm using. I'm just getting too old and impatient to deal with all of the idiosyncrasies of tubes. I should have gone solid state from the get go. My Son gets a win out of it, so there is that. So any suggestions? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Abomb said:

I guess that I should mention that it's for a fairly large room. If I remember correctly...don't quote me...16 or 18x26 ceiling runs from 7ft to about 13ft 

Correction 16x24 

4 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

What is your budget? I'm sure you will get plenty of suggestions.

I'm thinking the $1500.00 range. I want to give the Heresy's every advantage without my Wife killing me. 

I should have also asked, since you already have the Schitt Mani 2, are you really concerned about having a phono section?

Also, you might get more response by posting this in the Two Channel section.

27 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

I should have also asked, since you already have the Schitt Mani 2, are you really concerned about having a phono section?

Also, you might get more response by posting this in the Two Channel section.

Well I don't  have it yet. I ordered one but it's on backorder. I would like to have the phono section anyway just in case I build another system for another room.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Might I suggest a Marantz 2285b.   Although it does not have Wi-fi it’s easy to add to the receiver.  

I have mine connected to my Fluance Rt85 and running to my Klipsch Forte II speakers.   Sound absolutely amazing and the room size is similar to yours.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Swanny88 said:

Might I suggest a Marantz 2285b.   Although it does not have Wi-fi it’s easy to add to the receiver.  

I have mine connected to my Fluance Rt85 and running to my Klipsch Forte II speakers.   Sound absolutely amazing and the room size is similar to yours.  

First of all, it's gorgeous. Unfortunately without bluetooth it's kind of a deal breaker. I'm very much a minimalist. I much prefer an integrated amp. so I don't need to clutter things up with a separate music streamer. I might need to reconsider at some point. 

1 hour ago, Vahorns said:

What about the Yamaha R-N1000A network machine (called a receiver but actually it functions as an integrated) ?     List is $1799 but deals are out there in the $1500 range.

Thanks, I was actually looking at some of the Yamaha's. I was also looking at the Denon

I would definitely look for something that is ROON ready. Not sure if you are using ROON, but it's a great program if you are using streaming services such as Tidal, run a media server with High Resolution audio, and want to share it amongst other devices simultaneously. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I would definitely look for something that is ROON ready. Not sure if you are using ROON, but it's a great program if you are using streaming services such as Tidal, run a media server with High Resolution audio, and want to share it amongst other devices simultaneously. 

Until you mentioned it I had never even heard of ROON. Thanks for the education, I just looked it up.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2024 at 10:52 PM, The Dude said:

Was really looking at this one. I might go with the Rogue Sphinx V3 instead. I'm going to take one for a test drive on Saturday.

• Like 1

So I am now the proud owner of a Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 Magnum edition. So far it is everything that I had hoped for. Paired with a Bluesound node it really is quite spectacular. The tube phono stage is a major reason that I wanted this one. This was certainly a few steps up, and I am very happy with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New addition to the setup. I decided on the 250ohm. Sometimes my better half likes to read at the same time I feel the need to blow my eardrums out. As a drummer I would have usually used the 80ohm for increased volume. I stand corrected. With the proper amp., these are fantastic. I've played in many studio settings and these are usually somewhere close by. Understandably so.

DT770pro-large.jpg.auto_300x300.webp

• Like 1