RF7 and Pioneer 49txi

drptpcpe

You guys are killing me. I just came back from listening to the 49txi through the 47ai dvd player, on RF7's and the RSW15 sub.Why don't my RF5's sound like that? I also listened to the 47tx on the RF5 with the RSW10 and the music did not have the same 'weight'. I am beginning to hate this. I know people bash the Klipsch subs but I couldn't take the BIG black SVS tube. I had the Hsu VTF3 but didn't like the music side.Will you guys buy all my stuff and let me start over?

andy

When I originally listened to the RF5's I thought they had better tonal balance than the RF7, but today they seemed anemic. Am I just losing my mind? It seems that everytime I listen there is some fault. Not enough bass, not enough impact, not defined enough........Any help?..psychoanalysis?

andy

I've yet to hear a pair of Klipsch Reference series speakers sound anywhere near as good as they sound in my house, properly placed. Room acustics have such a big impact. Trying to compare different speakers in different listening environments (dealer showrooms) is almost impossible.

I had the RF-5's for 6-months and loved them. Upgraded a couple months ago to the RF-7 and was initially disappointed. Turned out the RF-7 was more revealing and weakness in my CD-player really started to show (noticably harsh on the high end). Since changing my source the RF-7 is better than the RF-5. But it took a couple months of experimenting to get the most out of the 7's. Also found that best placement for the 7's was different compared to the 5's.

So many variables, you really have to live with a new component or speaker for a while to appreciate it strengths and identify any weaknesses.

Doug C

I have had the 7's for a year and they keep getting better.When the rsw 15 replaced my other 3 subs it was like a new speaker system.Two of my previous subs are very highly rated here and elswhere,and WERE good.If you listen to the 15 at your house,it will probably stay.I think it is underated by some that have not audtioned it.If I would have seen more favorable reviews I would have tried it sooner.

I agree with Fish's comments about the RSW-15.

I usally keep the volume level between 9 o'clock and 12. It produces more than enough output for me. It is well balanced for music and movies.

The output below 30 Hz falls off, but I cannot hear below 30 Hz. It shakes the entire house with ease when movie sound effects are present.

Bill