SVS vs. RSW12

Iceman

TheEAR is needed...NOT

Well there is NO question SVS(any SVS)goes much deeper with power then the Klipsch RSW series.

I had two SVS Ultra subs driven by a Carver TFM75(1000W RMS/channel)power amp and crossed over using the Paradigm X30.Under 40Hz the Ultras DEMOLISH the RSW15 even two RSW15's.

Where the RSW power lies is in the bass punch,the RSW sounds fast and nimble because it has this upper slam.Not boomy at all just this slam large speakers like the RF7's have,great for the extra gut punching some(and I) like.

The SVS dont sound powerful in the upper range because they are very linear.Try any music with serious low end,the SVS are kings,not even close.Its power to behold

Even my smallish Sunfire Signature feels like it lacks power up,again its linear and extend much deeper with power then the RSW15(yet its much much smaller!).At 31.5Hz the RSW15 starts to leave,the Ultras and the Signature POUND like there was no end to SPL.At 20Hz the Ultras still shake the house with a tornado like fury,the Signature has a good solid shake and the RSW15 is dead silent!

So by definition(sub)the Ultras are the best subs of the pack,folowed by the amazing Sunfire Signature(amazing considering its minute size)and last the RSW15.

The word sub I suppose does not really apply to my needs.I need a large speaker with lots of power built in that can handle lows in 99.9% of all music I listen to.I owned a sunfire and while quite good,I still would take the rsw 15 at the discount I got.The Ear is correct the ultra's have more output below the range I usually listen to than the rsw 15,no contest.But the cheaper svs I owned was not even in the running with the 15 for music.So,you get what you pay for,and any or all of these subs would be a great addition to most set ups.

----------------

On 2/13/2003 12:46:19 PM fabulousfrankie wrote:

Where are going to hear them? I'm glad you asked
1.gif
. Well I noticed your "RSW-12 or 15" thread you're in DC, I live in the area too(Springfield, VA). I would be willing to let you hear the fury that is my CS Ultra
3.gif
. My brother's DIY SVS is here as well, so you could get an idea of what the lower line SVS' can do(this woofer is from the older version of the CS/PC subwoofers, the current one is capable of more output). I'm off today and tomorrow I'm free after 12:00. Just shoot an email to:

fabulousfrankie@hotmail.com.

If anyone else in the DC is interested, or wants to compare subs side by side, bring'em over and we'll have a shoot out!

----------------

Dude! I'll have to take you up on your offer. I am just down here in Fredericksburg. I would definitly like to listen to an SVS Ultra myself. I am thinking about getting something to reinforce my REL Storm III, especially for movies (although the REL is very tough to beat for music 1.gif - I have listened to the RSW-12 and 15 along side the REL - I took the REL). The B4-Plus is one of my options, but that may be "to much" (if there is such a thing 11.gif). I'll have to shoot you an e-mail, most likely sometime in the spring. I am pretty busy during the winter, especially since I ski patrol just about every weekend up at Massanutten.

BTW, the invitation is reciprical. You can come down my way if you like to give my gear a listen. Just let me know.

skonopa

My tweeter salesman laughed at me. he can't get any more RS7s.

Can you send me a picture of the damage and I will see if the warranty covers it.

I recently purchased the SVS PC+2039

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

If you do not intend to buy an SVS, Stay clear of them because you will not be able to fight off the urge to get one!!!!9.gif

You will be impressed.

Scott