Help!! RSW 12 died!

Richard B.

I've been babysitting my neighbors brand new RSW12 (while his home is new home is being built). I was really enjoying it, and was fairly impressed (for about 3 weeks) Last evening it "died" (while in idle mode, during the late night). The power LED won't even illuminate. I've checked the obvious, fuse, ac connection etc. I tried in vain to call Klipsch to get information re: service centers in the Sacto,Ca. area, but never spoke with anyone or had my call returned after leaving two messages. The speaker was purchased on the internet making warranty even more difficult! Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone experienced amplifier problems with this model?? It was a fairly expensive speaker to die so suddenly!!

Thanks, Rich

ummm, I'd really be more worried about what your friend is going to do when he finds out you destroyed his thousand dollar subwoofer (not that you did, but thats what he's going to think 2.gif ). But anyway, you'll just have to bring it into a shop or something and see what happens.

btw I have had bad experience with Klipsch returning calls I dont know what the hell if their product was not the best in the world I would deal with someone else.

it seems that they are just too busy repairing speakers and amps now

when I first bought my KLF30s they kept blowing tweeters and took me a week to get in touch with anyone there.

KLIPSCH still rocks..4.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe they feel the resellers should deal the problems/issues and that is why they post the Unauthorized Dealers link on the home page......

If it wasn't for those grey marketeers i would not own half my Klipsch 7.1 config.

Just my thoughts

Scott

I love my Klipsch. 3.gif

I've got the sub packed up awaiting a call tag (FedEx). I was told one was sent on the 18th (feb.) Called last week and was told another would be sent as it must have gotten lost in the mail. Meanwile back at the ranch!8.gif It turns out the on-line dealer was an authorized dealer at the time of the sale. Grey market buyers are on their own as far as warranty work is concerned ($65.00 per hr.)